The Student Room Group

Normal or not normal? (Masterbation talk c: )

Right I'm a girl and I masturbate at least once a day, sometimes more. But, the thing is, I can't orgasm from fingering myself, only by basically humping the bed or whatever surface I'm on (that sounds terrible, but like sometimes I'm on the floor. That's all XD). And the thing is, my boyfriend fingers me but I don't orgasm from it, which I'm fine with to be honest because the way I see it is that if I can't seem to figure out how to get myself off from it, I hardly expect him to, and it's still enjoyable XD But to be honest I think the fact I'm winning like 5/6 to 0 when it comes to making each other orgasm (only started doing sexual stuff recently, and he's my first boyfriend and I've completely surprised him with some how magically being about to be good at stuff XD I don't understand how I am either XD) kind of bothers him, and even if it doesn't bother him, I wouldn't mind being able to, y'know? So does anyone have any techniques or whatever when it comes to fingering yourself/a girl? I get that it's different for everybody so not all suggestions would work, but all help would be appreciated c: Cheers ^-^ x
Original post by Anonymous
Right I'm a girl and I masturbate at least once a day, sometimes more. But, the thing is, I can't orgasm from fingering myself, only by basically humping the bed or whatever surface I'm on

When she did her big questionnaire about female sexuality in the 1970s, Shere Hite called this the 'type III' method of masturbating, as it was the third most common after stimulating the clitoris and vulva by hand while lying on the back and doing it lying on the front. (It was almost as frequent as the latter.) So you're not alone in doing it this way.

And the thing is, my boyfriend fingers me but I don't orgasm from it, which I'm fine with to be honest because the way I see it is that if I can't seem to figure out how to get myself off from it, I hardly expect him to, and it's still enjoyable XD

It's good that it's enjoyable. When you say fingering, do you mean stroking your clitoris etc or inserting a finger or two in your vagina? The first has more chance of working, but it will probably take some practice - and some time doing it - as you're used to coming another way.

What would happen if you humped against him, for example on his thigh or while lying on top of him?

Depending on how you feel about it, you can also consider getting something like a vibrator to give you intense clitoral stimulation more easily than fingers can.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted

It's good that it's enjoyable. When you say fingering, do you mean stroking your clitoris etc or inserting a finger or two in your vagina? The first has more chance of working, but it will probably take some practice - and some time doing it - as you're used to coming another way.

What would happen if you humped against him, for example on his thigh or while lying on top of him?

Sometimes inserting fingers but generally just a lot of rubbing and stroking and stuff going on down there, but not really specific to the clitoris XD and I don't know what would happen but could work c: thanks
Reply 3
So, guess this thread doesn't really matter anymore, as my boyfriend broke up with me yesterday :'c Devastated but oh well.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
So, guess this thread doesn't really matter anymore, as my boyfriend broke up with me yesterday :'c Devastated but oh well.

Plenty more fish...
And plenty of time to do some exploring on your own, both in bed and online somewhere like lovehoney.

Quick Reply

Latest