The Student Room Group

The immense stupidity of the young idealistic Remain vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
I don't care about your link. I didn't make up that Brazil left 5th. Japan and US still have a powerful economy, never said their situation is spotless, not also concerned what the basis of your links are.

Hahaha.

It isn't my issue if they are in trade blocs.

Brexit Fail
Original post by 0to100
More than you because based on how vapid your posts are you must only discuss this on here. Not with actual scholars offline. Don't even bother lying eugh.

yep. But honestly...I'll just continue doing what I do to cope....and UK never gets better. Thus creating non-patriotic immigrants subverting the gov't here asnd non-patriotic native citizens giving in. Bringing it to collapse. Whatever ini.

lol maybe some of my posts may have been ironically vapid (in responce to other vapid posts) but I assure you I am most definitely not a naive child.
(and I technically have discussed this with actual scholars although I admit they are mathematicians and scientists, not politicians and economists)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Sorry that is completely incorrect.

Every EEA country has freedom of movement.

That is why leaving the EU to join the EEA makes no sense. If you want to leave then you have to wave goodbye to the single market.

"Lets leave and be like Switzerland and Norway"

"So you want to keep free movement and pay into the EU budget?

"DO I ****!!!"

"But they both do that"

"err............."
Original post by happyrubbit
lol maybe some of my posts may have been ironically vapid (in responce to other vapid posts) but I assure you I am most definitely not a naive child.

Hahaha.

It isn't my issue if they are in trade blocs.

Brexit Fail

@JamesN88

Don't even get me started on remain "fails."

I'm tired of people hiding behind google-retrieved stats. Use your brain whatever is in it. What's the main thing people are scaremongered against when it comes to Leavers?

The "racism" card. Is it not? Don't lie honestly. The answer is yes, exactly. Ok. How low is it that Remainers deflect their own racism by pointing fingers at Leavers, labeling them as natonalists and nonsense? When they only want to stay in EU to protect their foreign bank accounts, to keep some of the few EU owned businesses open, to prevent Asians and black people from opening their own businesses, ? And want to stay in Eu...so that other foreigners won't come instead? I don't have an issue with Asians not taking over with shops and that. My issue is the truth behind Remain politics and idiot remain voters falling for it, WHILE they have the cheek to call LEAVERS racist looool *When I say remainers, I'm on about the politicians since the voters know absolutely nothing apparently. I'll wait for your response tomorrow, can't be buggered with you and any other remainers today HONESTLY.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamesN88
"Lets leave and be like Switzerland and Norway"

"So you want to keep free movement and pay into the EU budget?

"DO I ****!!!"

"But they both do that"

"err............."

Haha. It is ridiculous dealing with these myths, one day before the election.
Original post by 0to100
@JamesN88

Don't even get me st,,,,ners today HONESTLY.

Not reading it unless you want to address what I wrote.

Just giving you the same courtesy that you gave me.
Original post by 0to100
@JamesN88

I'm tired of people hiding behind google-retrieved stats. Use your brain whatever is in it. What's the main thing people are scaremongered against when it comes to Leavers?

The "racism" card. Is it not? Don't lie honestly. The answer is yes, exactly. Ok. How low is it that Remainers deflect their own racism by pointing fingers at Leavers, labeling them as natonalists and nonsense? When they only want to stay in EU to protect their foreign bank accounts, to keep some of the few EU owned businesses open, to prevent Asians and black people from opening their own businesses, ? And want to stay in Eu...so that other foreigners won't come instead? I don't have an issue with Asians not taking over with shops and that. My issue is the truth behind Remain politics and idiot remain voters falling for it, WHILE they have the cheek to call LEAVERS racist looool *When I say remainers, I'm on about the politicians since the voters know absolutely nothing apparently. I'll wait for your response tomorrow, can't be buggered with you and any other remainers today HONESTLY.

I mainly want to stay in the EU so we keep getting research funding and my family won't migrate to places that will have better research environments than the UK would have post brexit.

Other big factors that weigh in on my decision are climate and energy policy and logical risk management.

My non-existent foreign bank account is the least of my worries.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
@JamesN88

I'm not playing the racism card, the other guy who changed his entire economic exit plan based on one post from @DorianGrayism was ripe for a piss take.:smile:

My decision is based mainly on the economy. I don't have a problem with EU or non-EU migration as long as people contribute. The problems with public services are down the Tory austerity.

You must be the last Brexiter on TSR who I haven't argued with yet.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha. It is ridiculous dealing with these myths, one day before the election.

I'll celebrate that by eating an EU sanctioned banana.:biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 129
"Oh you disagree with Brexit you're just deluded and brainwashed. Your opinion is wrong mine is right. Facts and figures? Never mind that I listen to the brilliant minds that are Farage and Boris"

What a load of **** :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Seriously, about 95% of the people in this discussion who can vote seem unable to have a civil discussion without swearing or telling someone else that their opinion is wrong or invalid. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but before you start sounding off to everyone else, why not actually do some research. A lot of you sound like brainwashed idiots who have been convinced by scaremongers that remaining in the EU is the only option for the uk. I'm not saying to vote remain is wrong, but don't vote remain because you have been told to. If you know nothing about politics or economics, do not vote remain just because you don't know. Educate yourself, find out about both sides and make an informed decision.
I will be voting leave tomorrow. I have taken a long time to decide on this but I have finally chosen that leaving will be more beneficial. Wanting control immigration does not make you racist. It wouldn't mean that immigration would not occur, it would just make us more like the USA and Australia. Voting leave means we no longer have to pay EU membership and we no longer have to adhere to stupid EU laws. Who remembers when they tried to make it illegal to sell bananas that weren't straight? All the EU did was cause waste when there are starving people out there who couldn't give a damn about the curvature of a piece of fruit.
Original post by 09craige
Seriously, about 95% of the people in this discussion who can vote seem unable to have a civil discussion without swearing or telling someone else that their opinion is wrong or invalid. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but before you start sounding off to everyone else, why not actually do some research. A lot of you sound like brainwashed idiots who have been convinced by scaremongers that remaining in the EU is the only option for the uk. I'm not saying to vote remain is wrong, but don't vote remain because you have been told to. If you know nothing about politics or economics, do not vote remain just because you don't know. Educate yourself, find out about both sides and make an informed decision.
I will be voting leave tomorrow. I have taken a long time to decide on this but I have finally chosen that leaving will be more beneficial. Wanting control immigration does not make you racist. It wouldn't mean that immigration would not occur, it would just make us more like the USA and Australia. Voting leave means we no longer have to pay EU membership and we no longer have to adhere to stupid EU laws. Who remembers when they tried to make it illegal to sell bananas that weren't straight? All the EU did was cause waste when there are starving people out there who couldn't give a damn about the curvature of a piece of fruit.

The banana ban is a myth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6481969.stm
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100

You can't be ****ing serious. Are you really complaining about people using facts about the real world instead of coming to ridiculous conclusions based on nothing?
There were still a lot of regulations that they tried to introduce relating to fresh produce. Also, what about all the low power devices. Hoovers and hair dryers are only allowed to have s certain power.
@Betelgeuse- @09craige @JordanL @Bryci @JamesN88 @happyrubbit

Speaking of 'stupidity'?

[video="youtube;CMG7a1f1r6Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMG7a1f1r6Y[/video]
Am I the only one who hates the fact that people are like "anyone who votes leave is a moron and is gonna destroy the country" vise versa. It is someone's decision, don't belittle it because you disagree. Like just today I was watching a video on it and in the comments a person was like "people who wanna risk leaving are the type of people with 2 GCSEs". It just annoys me that people insult each other because that have contradicting views.
Original post by 09craige
There were still a lot of regulations that they tried to introduce relating to fresh produce. Also, what about all the low power devices. Hoovers and hair dryers are only allowed to have s certain power.

Yeah it's for energy efficiency to help tackle climate change and quality control for food, neither of which are a problem IMO.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/comply-with-marketing-standards-for-fresh-fruit-and-vegetables#the-specific-marketing-standard
Hi Ya'll! I serious dunno what to do. All these cool people like Bob Geldof & Billy Brag say that to be cool you must vote Remain but there so many reasons why I want to vote leave.

A bit about me.

I'm a mature student in my 30's. Currently a Social Justice Warrior, fitting in with all the emotional types, making use of pro-nouns and being gender fluid and all but I some how feel totally insecure!

Just wondered have any band's sold themselves out to join the leave camp?

I think I'll just not vote, what is the worst that could happen?

Its Glastonbury tomorrow what a coincidence.

(I am taking the mick)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Audrey18

Speaking of 'stupidity'?

[video="youtube;CMG7a1f1r6Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMG7a1f1r6Y[/video]

That's pathetic(the Brits who don't know it I mean).

I assure you I know the words.:smile:
Original post by Audrey18

Speaking of 'stupidity'?

It's almost as if people these days have better things to do with their time...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending