The Student Room Group

Do you think Alevel graphic design, art and photography is a bit much?

Hi, I'm thinking about what to do for my A levels. I thought of graphic design, art and photography. I'm currently doing GCSE graphic design and I regret not doing art. But I have a chance to do art for my A levels and I also want to do photography.
I've heard that art and photography is time consuming, so if I do this, is it a lot of work? And by doing art and photography, does it double the time to do the work?
Has anyone done this?
Thanks!
(Idk if this made sense, sorry)
Original post by wavychicken
Hi, I'm thinking about what to do for my A levels. I thought of graphic design, art and photography. I'm currently doing GCSE graphic design and I regret not doing art. But I have a chance to do art for my A levels and I also want to do photography.
I've heard that art and photography is time consuming, so if I do this, is it a lot of work? And by doing art and photography, does it double the time to do the work?
Has anyone done this?
Thanks!
(Idk if this made sense, sorry)

If you plan on going to a top university i suggest you reconsider some of these subjects. They are all 'soft' subjects.
Reply 2
All subjects at A level will be time consuming. However, I will also recommend you to change one of your subjects to a stronger subject if you plan on going to a top university. Good luck though.
it depends on what you want to do at university. Its okay to say they are "soft" subjects, however an A Level in Science or Maths isn't going to do anything for you when applying for a foundation art etc. Consider what it is you want to do with these A Levels. You are choosing very hands on subjects which means they're never over. Its not like answering a question on an exam or writing a paper theres always room for improvement and to add more work to your portfolio. Be prepared to hit the ground running and not to stop until your a levels are over. I done Moving Image Art, Art and Design and Performing Arts Set Design at A Level and was offered 2 unconditional places and a place with scholarship in 3/4 of my uni applications.

Quick Reply

Latest