Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

England just 7 years apart! Islamisation of Europe at its best

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I'm sick of correcting people on this.

£385 million is the gross figure.
    UK rebate/correction reduces it to a net figure of £245 million.
    In 2005 Tony Blair aimed to reform CAP (the Common Agricultural Policy) in exchange for 20% of the UK rebate/correction (because other countries had issue with us having it, despite it being fair.) The UK (we) lost this 20%, and the EU never even kept its end of the bargain!
    The net figure is reduced to ~£168 million when a person considers the EU budget that is spent on us (the UK.)
    We (the UK) doesn't get to decide how the money used to reduce this figure is spent, and the money used to reduce this net figure comes with an EU label; propaganda, despite the excess of over ~£168 we pay into the EU.

That is a weekly figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read what I posted above. Even as a gross figure, £350 million is already higher than all the estimates I've come across from independents. £385 million is beyond any figure I've found so source?

(Original post by ICEN_Prophet)
    My source said £248mil per week.
    Your source said £313mil per week.
    It is still a huge amount of money pumped into the EU. So what? Countries that failed e.g. Greece get in debt and try to save already overpopulated school and cities by the immigrants? Okay...
    Everyone by now should know the example of Switzerland.
    Not in the EU but still in Europe
    Attachment 555711
    It's only huge to an individual whereas in terms of government spending, that sum is a pittance. The British government spent nearly £750 billion in 2015, nearly 20% of which went on pensions. Essentially, if you use the £10 billion figure then you can save that money by reducing pensions spending by less than 7%. In my mind, that net contribution is miniscule, especially when you realise that the benefits we get economically from being in the EU dwarf that figure anyway.

Your image about Switzerland conveniently misses out the fact that Switzerland are Schengen, their 'tailored trade deal' is actually just a series of ongoing treaty changes so that EU regulation and Swiss law don't create a mess (this also refutes the point about 0% which somebody pulled from their a*rse) and that their high wages correspond to their extremely high cost of living.

Bye bye European Union!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.