The Student Room Group

QUESTION: My Friend wrote a formula for her exam on hand WILL SHE GET DISQUALIFIED

So basically, my friend was revising that morning before the exam and had scribbled a formula on her hand and had absolutely no intention of cheating whatsoever. Whilst doing the exam the invigilator came to her and after she had to to speak to the exams officer and he told her that OCR will have to be informed about this and that they might give her a 0 for this paper. I don't think he is being fair at all because she wasn't planning to cheat she forgot to rub it off. This could seriously ruin her chances of going to university.

Do you guys think OCR will understand or will they not mark her paper?
Original post by Ashaibrahim5
So basically, my friend was revising that morning before the exam and had scribbled a formula on her hand and had absolutely no intention of cheating whatsoever. Whilst doing the exam the invigilator came to her and after she had to to speak to the exams officer and he told her that OCR will have to be informed about this and that they might give her a 0 for this paper. I don't think he is being fair at all because she wasn't planning to cheat she forgot to rub it off. This could seriously ruin her chances of going to university.

Do you guys think OCR will understand or will they not mark her paper?

the examiners have no idea whether she did this intending to cheat or not.
If it is going to be reported your friend should be given formal notification.
if it is reported to them, the examiners will consider it malpractice and they have a range of sanctions they could apply
http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/malpractice/suspected-malpractice-in-examinations-and-assessments-2015-16

My guess is that she will get a written warning for a fairly minor first breach of the rules but won't lose any marks, but that's just a guess.
Reply 2
The thing is that the exam board cannot be sure if she meant to cheat or not.

Truthfully, yes, she could be disqualified. She could be disqualified from all her exams, this happened at my old school once years ago
Original post by gdunne42
the examiners have no idea whether she did this intending to cheat or not.
If it is going to be reported your friend should be given formal notification.
if it is reported to them, the examiners will consider it malpractice and they have a range of sanctions they could apply
http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/malpractice/suspected-malpractice-in-examinations-and-assessments-2015-16

My guess is that she will get a written warning for a fairly minor first breach of the rules but won't lose any marks, but that's just a guess.

Thank you so much! :h::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest