Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What did you do for your 20th Birthday?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Totally forgot one of the best ones:
    Horse racing (depending on your views on how the horses are treated and gambling obviously).

(Original post by Blackmanblues)
    You ain't getting much ideas here bud :banghead:
    Haha, the majority of replies seem to be 'do nothing' or 'get wasted' :lol:

I went Thrope Park Theme Park in the morning with a group of friends, that was well fun and then the plan for the night was to go clubbing as i booked a table, but turns out u shouldnt trust promoters giving free tables as they can turn u away at the door if in your friend group there isnt like 3 times the much of girls than guys.

Most clubs were closed so it ended with my friends singing me happy birthday in the tube and throwing me a mini suprise party the next day to make up for what happened at night.

(Original post by calm down)
    Thanks! Happy birthday too you too!
    Not yet but I feel like hiring somewhere out- prefebly somewhere outside with a marquee or something and inviting all family and friends. My family and friends have always regarded 21 as an important birthday for some reason and I set high expectations after having a big 18th birthday celebration.
    Do you have any plans for yours yet? If your into football maybe interlink that somehow, if not the conjuring 2 is a good film!
    (Original post by calm down)
    Here a list, seeing as well there's it been one made yet for 20th birthdays.
    Ideas from previous, and friends, birthdays:
    Birthday meal with friends, although a common celebration, going somewhere unorthodox can provide a memorable experience.
    Beer garden on a sunny day with friends /family: bring some party games and let different groups of people in our life enjoy each other's company.
    A themed BBQ with friends.
    Cinema, again, cliche, but there's enough good films out at the minute.
    A gig.
    A safari park/zoo- not actually that expensive and great fun (they're not just for kids).
    A theme park- depending on what's near you.
    Something in your local city- lots of cities have escape rooms now which are an interesting concept. A city not too far from me has a video game museum where you can play on a ton of different systems and games.

Hope this list helps somewhat.
    I admire and thank you your ideas!

Will definitely take them into considersation

(Original post by Anonymous)
    all day!

*sleep all day and party all night*

Do Something CRAZY

Like DRUGS!

Very bold opinions..
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.