The Student Room Group

How Would Jesus Vote ?

[video="youtube;dW6q3O3BVMQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6q3O3BVMQ[/video]
Reply 1
Original post by the bear
[video="youtube;dW6q3O3BVMQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6q3O3BVMQ[/video]

Can you take the opinion of someone who doesn't exist?
Every major turn of public opinion in this referendum has been the result of someone of either camp doing something stupid to push the voters in the opposite direction. Bob Geldof making a prize fool of himself in mocking the working classes, the terrorist assassination of Jo Cox and now this foolish video. You would have hoped that people learned the lesson that inaction is better than bad action.
Original post by dskinner

Reply 4
Original post by ForestShadow

Antony flew's falsification principle was that if you can't falsify(or verify) a synthetic statement(a statement which you need evidence to verify) then it's meaningless.

Therefore the statement "Jesus was alive" is meaningless since you can't verify or falsify it

God dam my philosophy exams have done this to me xD
Antony flew's falsification principle was that if you can't falsify(or verify) a synthetic statement(a statement which you need evidence to verify) then it's meaningless.

Therefore the statement "Jesus was alive" is meaningless since you can't verify or falsify it

Its widely accepted Jesus was a real man and therefore, was alive.

I hope you pass your philosophy exams.
(edited 7 years ago)
I remember speaking to Jesus years ago, he was a firm Remainer.
Original post by hezzlington

Hiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!
Reply 8
Desperation in my opinion
Well considering that Europeans nailed him to cross and let him die. I'd say he would probably be inclined to vote leave.
(edited 7 years ago)

Jesus was not British, therefore he would not vote.
Original post by hezzlington

That is not a valid premise or conclusion

The premises are not valid (we aren't sure that he's accepted as a real man)
and
your conclusion isn't sound

Thus he was not alive.

Spoiler

Original post by Platopus

He wasn't British?!!? What?!!? I thought only British people were leaders and gods.

Spoiler

Original post by cookie123456789
He wasn't British?!!? What?!!? I thought only British people were leaders and gods.

Spoiler

Yes, I think existing is also a term which all qualified voters must meet so non-existence would also present a small obstacle
Yes, I think existing is also a term which all qualified voters must meet so non-existence would also present a small obstacle

haha nice one :biggrin::wink:
Original post by Snasher350
Well considering that Europeans nailed him to cross and let him die. I'd say he would probably be inclined to vote leave.

It was the Jews mate, can't blame the Europeans for everything!

Agree with the sentiment though

Even Richard Dawkins says he existed:smile:
Reply 18
I think we've found the reverse of Godwin's law

Quick Reply

Latest