The Student Room Group

Is AQA a good exam board for a-level maths?

What are the difference between AQA and Edexcel? I've only ever taken maths under Edexcel before now, can anyone whose studied Maths A-level under AQA advise me on what it's like?
My school moved from Edexcel to AQA as its apparently easier according to my maths teachers.
Which is true to some extent, especially the older papers from experience with M1 & FP1 (done them all lol)
they are making it a lot harder and less repetitive.

However Edexcel has far more resources so its a really good option if are self teaching.
For example I can't even get hold of a solution bank for AQA :angry:
Plus Edexcel textbooks are nicer imo :colondollar:

If I could choose, I'd pick Edexcel.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pentaquark
My school moved from Edexcel to AQA as its apparently easier according to my maths teachers.
Which is true to some extent, especially the older papers from experience with M1 & FP1 (done them all lol)
they are making it a lot harder and less repetitive.

However Edexcel has far more resources so its a really good option if are self teaching.
For example I can't even get hold of a solution bank for AQA :angry:
Plus Edexcel textbooks are nicer imo :colondollar:

If I could choose, I'd pick Edexcel.

Thank you for your experience, I tried teaching myself A-level maths but I'm not really confident enough to do it tbh so I've enquired about enrolling at one of my local colleges to study it there and the only one who can take me does AQA. I'll see how it goes, I guess *shrugs*

Thank you anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest