Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Getting into uni

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I am currently doing an extended diploma in games design. Do you think I can get into uni studying animation with this?

    Of course, anyone can get into uni easily thanks to Labour. The hardest thing about uni is getting a job afterwards.

    It's more than possible. I'm doing an extended diploma in games development and animation but it's quite games design heavy in content yet I'll be able to go and study animation at uni with it. If you do relevant things on the course then you should be okay. Have a look at uni entry requirements and maybe contact a few to see if it's something they'd accept.

    (Original post by Lutaynia)
    I am currently doing an extended diploma in games design. Do you think I can get into uni studying animation with this?
    Hi Lutaynia,

    I am sure the skills you learn will be applicable towards animation as well. For example modelling, as Chelseadagg3r has stated you should also check the requirements and contact the universities directly and double check.

    It may also be worth looking into maybe what software they use and whether they are compatible within one another

    Hope this helps!
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources


Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.