Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

As postrads, what do you do for accomodation?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    With the costs of studying at postgraduate level, I'm interested to hear what postgrad students do for accommodation, and how many people rent privately, or go into halls etc.

    I'm planning on living at home and commuting initially to see how that goes. It's not really ideal, but obviously it's a cheap solution.

    I'm open to other options though. I definitely wouldn't do student halls (bit too old for that - ha!). Private renting would be cool, a studio or flat close to the uni but then would an agency rent to a student?

    Do halls and relive your glory days! that's what I wanna do in a couple years when I do a master's

    If there are specifically Postgrad halls, consider it. You'll be surprised at the age range (older than you might think) and its a very economic/easy solution for a 1 year course. Also look at the commercial student housing - most is ensuite and is often 'studio' style. One example : http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...nts/rooms-rent

    One other alternative is to look at Student Spare Room (http://student.spareroom.co.uk/) for private lets/studios.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.