The Student Room Group

Nursing to Medicine (graduate entry)

Hi everyone! Alexie here.

I've decided that I want to study for medicine. I already graduated with a 2:1 in Adult nursing last year and currently working as a nurse :smile: I just want to ask if any of you guys know someone who was in my position and got to study medicine? My first choice is Kings (for their graduate entry) but they said they want A-level chemistry but I didn't study it during A-levels. Plus they want to make sure my nursing is 50% chemistry, which is not. Do I have to take A-level chemistry again? Or can I just do the UKCAT?

My second choice is St.Georges, however I will have to revise for GAMSAT, meaning I have to study chemistry,physics and biology again.

I am willing to do anything just to study medicine! I believe in hardwork and determination. Any help/suggestions guys?! THANK YOU!!
Reply 1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15889-graduate-entry-medicine-a-guide

There are lots of GEM programmes that don't require A-level chemistry, however, as you can see lots of them require either UKCAT, GAMSAT, or BMAT.

Have a look through the universities in the link above and see which YOU are BEST suited to and go from there.
Reply 2
Hi Alex just discovered your post today I was wondering if you did manage to get in medicine
Original post by atelan
Hi everyone! Alexie here.

I've decided that I want to study for medicine. I already graduated with a 2:1 in Adult nursing last year and currently working as a nurse :smile: I just want to ask if any of you guys know someone who was in my position and got to study medicine? My first choice is Kings (for their graduate entry) but they said they want A-level chemistry but I didn't study it during A-levels. Plus they want to make sure my nursing is 50% chemistry, which is not. Do I have to take A-level chemistry again? Or can I just do the UKCAT?

My second choice is St.Georges, however I will have to revise for GAMSAT, meaning I have to study chemistry,physics and biology again.

I am willing to do anything just to study medicine! I believe in hardwork and determination. Any help/suggestions guys?! THANK YOU!!
Reply 3
Hi there, has someone managed to do GEM after having a degree in Nursing? Please advise on how to do this GEM if you are a registered nurse and you really want to do graduate entry medicine.
Hello
I am a registered nurse too applying for GEM for 2019. I am studying for the UKCAT for Warwick and Newcastle, you don't need science A-levels for those unis. I paid £40 and currently doing the crash course on Medify with a view to a late September exam.
Reply 5
Hi, do you have facebook or something that we can communicate?
I really want to proceed to medicine.
Try speaking to XJessScott
Reply 7
Thank you.
Reply 8
Wow. That's amazing. I hope she will reply here and shed some light regarding this matter.
Reply 9
To djclairedj
Hi
Did you need a 2:1 and/or certain A level grades for those unis?
Original post by sammywolf
To djclairedj
Hi
Did you need a 2:1 and/or certain A level grades for those unis?

Hi yes a 2:1 but no A levels
I’m a nurse (ANP) with a 2:2 but masters. Do you have to have 2:1 or above there?
What’s ANP? You’d have to check with the individual University as I think some would take a 2:2 with masters

Latest

Trending

Trending