The Student Room Group

Worried about Uni place for next year could someone shed some light

Hi! I'm currently in year one of a foundation degree that is 2 years long and in the third year you get a normal degree. However I have applied to the uni of Kent and they gave me an offer of passing all modules of current foundation year with an average of 60%. Every module I have done has been 60-68% apart from the last one which just came back which was a 42%. How will this affect my average and will Kent still give me the place? Many thanks.
Original post by PRETTYGANG
Hi! I'm currently in year one of a foundation degree that is 2 years long and in the third year you get a normal degree. However I have applied to the uni of Kent and they gave me an offer of passing all modules of current foundation year with an average of 60%. Every module I have done has been 60-68% apart from the last one which just came back which was a 42%. How will this affect my average and will Kent still give me the place? Many thanks.

This depends on the weighting of each module and your exact percentages - speak to your tutor or deartment office to find out what your average is.

If it looks like you might be slightly under 60% then contact Kent and explain the situation (and give them details of the module you under-performed in) they may be willing to be flexible in their requirements but you need to be sure of what you've got before contacting them.

Quick Reply