The Student Room Group

What to do in an exam I haven't revised for??

I have to leave home at 8 and my exam is at 9 and I have done no revision. For my last exam I wrote a bunch of sentences concerning my life goals and further decisions all over the paper. I want to sleep but I'm not sure that is allowed and I don't want to be rudely embarrassedly woken up. What else can I do for an hour and a half??
Original post by bluemadhatter
I have to leave home at 8 and my exam is at 9 and I have done no revision. For my last exam I wrote a bunch of sentences concerning my life goals and further decisions all over the paper. I want to sleep but I'm not sure that is allowed and I don't want to be rudely embarrassedly woken up. What else can I do for an hour and a half??

Try cram something small

Posted from TSR Mobile
acctually try an attempt the paper
Bio ?
Reply 4
Attempt to answer the paper the best you can with the knowledge you have already. You may even surprise yourself and do fairly well. There's no harm in trying. Best wishes!
Reply 5
Original post by maggie43
Try cram something small

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good idea!
Reply 6
Just attempt the paper the best you can. Answer every question, don't leave any blanks. You may get some marks. Good luck! ☺️
I barely revised for my re GCSE and got an A. just make some educated guesses
Original post by claireestelle

Theres a big gap between RE GCSE and A level biology :cry:

Read some mark schemes quick! :biggrin: And thx you've motivated me to revise at least!
is this for biology? coz im gonna fail that exam terribly
Build time machine, go back in time and revise
Original post by Stormin'
Build time machine, go back in time and revise

Original post by katieMCR
is this for biology? coz im gonna fail that exam terribly

I cant imagine those that have public exams for bio, I have an internal that determines my predicted grade tmr but my external A level is still next year...:redface:
ugh, I can relate to this with my last exam.

Anyway, you could just do last minute check the mark scheme or just cram in a bunch of information.
Hopefully you fail, and this thread will remain as a warning to lazy students who don't revise.

If you get a decent mark it will be a shocking indictment of this exam.
I have done no revision.

If it's a GCSE, not so bad. You can probably answer from your own knowledge in some cases.
If it's A-level however...
lol glhf.
Original post by claireestelle

So did I! If it's a more important/ difficult exam you should try and revise a topic you find hardest/ make a pneumonic

i know this was 4 years ago aha but i have an exam in 30 hours and am going to bed now leaving me with hopefully 10 hours of revision time and idk what to do bc i haven't revised but i also know that's fully my own fault so im really hoping i can just wing it and do well lol
Original post by holyguac
i know this was 4 years ago aha but i have an exam in 30 hours and am going to bed now leaving me with hopefully 10 hours of revision time and idk what to do bc i haven't revised but i also know that's fully my own fault so im really hoping i can just wing it and do well lol

just cram you revision so don't write notes or do flashcards mindmaps so read over notes for the exam like your previous notes or things you need to know really .blurt them out- say it out loud and you will memories it that way

apparently if you have chewing gum in your mouth and say the content out loud and when it comes to them exam you know everything in you mind idk id this is true got it from tiktok lol?
Original post by chazwomaq
Hopefully you fail, and this thread will remain as a warning to lazy students who don't revise.

If you get a decent mark it will be a shocking indictment of this exam.

how do you even revise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending