Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

GDL/CPE funding

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Apologies if it's not the right section and if the topic has already been covered elsewhere, but I would like to find out what sort of funding am I able to get being an EU national with a BA from an English university applying for Graduate Diploma in Law (also known as Legal Studies Common Professional Exam or Law Conversion Course). As far as I understand the new postgraduate loans from Student Finance are not intended for that kind of courses, but I could apply for a Professional and Career Development Loan. Is that correct? Have I got any other options? I have lived in England since September 2009, and have have been out of full-time education since summer 2013 (just in case there are any residency requirements).

    Thanks in advance.

    If you're not eligible for a loan from SF then check your eligibility for other funding options offered by the uni and in general. Also look at career development loans. There are no simple answers to this. You have to do some research and work it out.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.