The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd make a thread for everyone who will be pulling an all nighter on TSR to see the results coming in during the night for the EU Referendum.

You can discuss anything during the night, the results, the interviews and Dimbleby's legendary hosting skills.

There will be no public exit poll so you have to stay up till 4am at least and maybe even 7am. I'm not sure when the official results are released however - it's happening in Manchester Town Hall, that's all I know.

Sadly I have an exam in the morning at 9 so I can't join all of you. But anyway make sure all the all nighters congregate here and discuss the results as they come through and off to keep each other company throughout, for the night is dark and full of terrors...

Enjoy!

Key times: 01:00 a few regions start to release their results
04:00 results start pouring in from regions
07:00 results officially announced in Manchester Town Hall

Predictions: if anyone wants to, just post your prediction of the results and I'll post them here:
@jneill 55/45 - Remain
@Proximo 59/41 - Remain
@Aj12 53/47 - Remain
@BasicMistake 54/56 - Remain
@MrDystopia 53/47 - Remain
@looseseal 54.5/45.5 - Remain
@NickLCFC 52/48 - Remain
@Impressive 65/35 - Remain
@JamesN88 54/46 - Remain
@Audrey18 65/35 - Leave
@welshiee 52/48 - Leave
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have an open day, but will wake up as early as my body will let me to see!
Thanks for this. Lets hope for the best.
YouGovs final voting intentions poll has Remain 52-48. Obviously not an exit poll and you can't draw too much from it, but :crossedf:
Reply 4
Night is dark and full of terrors ... that be Boris 's hair by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so stressed. I think that we'll end up staying in. :frown:
Evening.

Bottle of single malt at the ready..... not sure if I'll be drowning my sorrows or using it to celebrate.

Nigel Farage: Remain to win. http://news.sky.com/story/1716585/nigel-farage-looks-like-remain-will-edge-it
In for the long haul. This is gonna be a fun night folks!
Remain is gonna win :biggrin:

:dance: :dance:

Farage said so and Boris apparently "conceded defeat". Congratz to everyone who voted/wanted to vote Remain! :woo:
I'll be up throughout the night but that's more because I'm on the night shift at work.

Leave voter but I do think we'll remain. At least the pound is surging so I'll get plenty of travel money when I exchange it to dollars!
I'll be here.

I called 52-48 for remain yesterday and YouGov agrees with me, apparently, but I'm still rooting for a leave vote.
That comment by Farage certainly spiced things up. Though I don't think anything is certain.

Its gonna be a long night

Posted from TSR Mobile
52% of the country are cucks.
The leave campaign have given up HAHA
Apparently the pound has had its highest week in 30 years, it was soaring today after New York stock exchange closed.

Seems like the financial sector thinks it will be a remain vote
Sunderland and Newcastle are again having their contest to see who can count the ballots quicker lol. Newcastle expected to release at 11:00 or more likely 12:00
Tim Montgomerie saying Farage thinks he's lost.

Welcome to the long night everyone!
Does anyone really care that much to pull an all nighter..? The results will be apparent in the morning.. Go to sleep you stayingup changes nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good to see this thread.,

Based on telephone polling averages we had 47-44 for Remain before adjusting the DK (i think it breaks for Remain by at least 2 to 1) so my official prediction is 53-47. Annoyingly my instinct stated on here was 53% Remain but i placed a bet on Leave last Saturday based on the lead that Leave had then.

Being a referendum it's purely down to numbers not constituencies so its the cities that will essentially decide the referendum with most declaring between 3-5 so look for Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham and Liverpool. All fairly close in theory and collectively make up a good chunk of the electorate.
I wish I could stay up all night to collect the brexiters' tears but I have an exam tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest