The Student Room Group

EPQ - Geology

I've been researching a little to look for geological controversies that I could talk about for extended project which I plan to complete over the summer, however I'm not sure wether to do it on geology specifically or environmental sustainability, any ideas would be a great help! Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sjaynel
I've been researching a little to look for geological controversies that I could talk about for extended project which I plan to complete over the summer, however I'm not sure wether to do it on geology specifically or environmental sustainability, any ideas would be a great help! Thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geological controversies? Like what?
Original post by sjaynel

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd suggest picking the one you're most interested in - geology or environmental sustainability. I personally did my EPQ on the theories for the extinction of the dinosaurs to find out which one was the most likely :smile:
Original post by sjaynel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well there are an awful lot of controversies in Geology but some current examples are the debate surrounding whether we've entered the Anthropocene, what actually caused the K-Pg mass extinction and what role the Ediacaran biota played in the emergence of complex multicellular life?
Original post by sjaynel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Third year geologist at uni here!
Not sure how much knowledge you have on geology but if you were interested in structural geology there are still many active debates. For example how low angle normal faults form, or the details surrounding thrust sheets and faults. This may be too complex if this is A level project?
Original post by sjaynel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh also will you be doing any fieldwork involved in this or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending