The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan

Hi there,

I'm an EU student and planning to start my studies in septembert 2016. How do I apply for the postgraduate loan? Because I've called the information telephone number available on the gov.uk website and they said to wait until the end of June but I also read something on the forum about filling in paper forms. So can someone please help me and provide me the correct info on how to apply. I'm really confused and in desperate need of help!

Thanks!!
While I can't answer your question definitively, gov.uk is for official UK government webpages, so if information is on there then it is very likely to be correct. I would trust that a lot more than a random internet forum.
I'd watch the gov.uk website. As far as I'm aware, you can't apply yet. I'm sure someone will announce on here when they are open.
Reply 3
Original post by Madhawi
Hi there,

I'm an EU student and planning to start my studies in septembert 2016. How do I apply for the postgraduate loan? Because I've called the information telephone number available on the gov.uk website and they said to wait until the end of June but I also read something on the forum about filling in paper forms. So can someone please help me and provide me the correct info on how to apply. I'm really confused and in desperate need of help!

Thanks!!

hi @Madhawi, look I'm in your same situation, I'm an EU student as well and I'm checking basically everyday on the Gov.uk website to see if they finally posted the forms but nothing seems to be out yet, let's wait for the end of this month. as per your second question, yes the application won't be online for us (EU students) but in paper, that's teh reason why we'll have to download and to print out some forms that we'll have to fill out and then send back by post, but for the moment don't worry there's nothing to do apart from waiting :smile:
Hi I am hoping to apply for a postgraduate loan also, the official website says 'late June' and has done so for some while! Hopefully things will change in the next week for us! :smile:
Reply 5
Hello everyone! I'm in the same boat with regards to postgraduate loan application.. Hope everything is getting done by next week. I wish you all the best!
Reply 6
Original post by Vasia_M
Hello everyone! I'm in the same boat with regards to postgraduate loan application.. Hope everything is getting done by next week. I wish you all the best!

hi @Vasia_M welcome to the group :smile: !! at least now I finally see EU pelople wanting to apply to the prostgraduate loan ! yes I really hope to finally see something about the loan next week because it's already the "end of june" !! I'm just so worried about it especially because of the brexit :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by sara_z
hi @Vasia_M welcome to the group :smile: !! at least now I finally see EU pelople wanting to apply to the prostgraduate loan ! yes I really hope to finally see something about the loan next week because it's already the "end of june" !! I'm just so worried about it especially because of the brexit :frown:

Thank you very much! It's nice to be part of this community and share ideas and worries. Actually I strongly believe in the UK and its power to find the ways to deal with the crisis. Let's all be optimistic and try our best to make things work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending