The Student Room Group

Suggested reading HELP!!!

Hi, I'm going to sixth form in September, but was wondering if anyone had any suggested reading that they had found was beneficial. Im hoping to read some in the summer, the levels I'm taking are:

- AQA Government and politics A2
- AQA History A2
- EDXCEL English Literature A2
- AQA Psychology AS

Thanks (and sorry if this is in the wrong place), thank you, and good luck everyone on results day!!!! xx
Original post by Showdle
Hi, I'm going to sixth form in September, but was wondering if anyone had any suggested reading that they had found was beneficial. Im hoping to read some in the summer, the levels I'm taking are:

- AQA Government and politics A2
- AQA History A2
- EDXCEL English Literature A2
- AQA Psychology AS

Thanks (and sorry if this is in the wrong place), thank you, and good luck everyone on results day!!!! xx

It might be a good idea to have a look at the specs for your boards & subjects, and see what general reading they suggest.

It might also be good to pick up some popular books on your subject - i.e. non-fiction books that are sold for entertainment purposes rather than exams. Here is a list of popular psychology books - I'd really recommend Oliver Sach's "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat".

For English Literature, I'd recommend getting to grips with some Shakespeare, as you'll 100% be studying some at some point. If you find the reading a bit tricky, try watching a film version of one - it helps to start getting your head round the language if you can see the actors actually acting it out :smile:

I'd also recommend The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald, and a classic by one of the Bronte's - either Jane Eyre or Wuthering Heights.

:h:

Quick Reply

Latest