The Student Room Group

Which exam board is the best for these subjects?

Which exam board is best for:

English Literature
History
Economics

Why? Do you hate your exam board/spec? Why?
If any of you do Classics, Government & Politics and Psychology, please leave your opinion on your exam board and spec as I'm considering these as my fourth A Level.

Thank you!
Original post by LieutenantJ
Which exam board is best for:

English Literature
History
Economics

Why? Do you hate your exam board/spec? Why?
If any of you do Classics, Government & Politics and Psychology, please leave your opinion on your exam board and spec as I'm considering these as my fourth A Level.

Thank you!

You get to pick your exam board...?
Reply 2
Original post by hezzlington
You get to pick your exam board...?

No, just helps to decide where to go for sixth form?

Basing where you go for sixth form on the what you consider the best exam board is even more interesting.

Why does the exam board matter? Are they really that different from eachother?
Reply 4

No. Base your choice on the school/college environment and the level of teaching. They're much more important.
Reply 5
Original post by hezzlington
Basing where you go for sixth form on the what you consider the best exam board is even more interesting.

Why does the exam board matter? Are they really that different from eachother?

Original post by MrMBrown
No. Base your choice on the school/college environment and the level of teaching. They're much more important.

The three I'm stuck with all have good teachers and opportunities so it would just be nice to know which place I might enjoy the subjects I'm studying at more.
Although I didn't study economics my sixth form offered it as well as business. Both were edexcel as my teacher said it was the easiest and offered the best resources. I also studied history which was once again edexcel but rather than advocating edexcel I would say to look at the themes being offered and decide which appeal to you the most. The exam boards aren't that important because as long as you learn the structure to suit their marking criteria you can get high marks.
If this doesn't help you choose I would say to look at the support they offer for your UCAS application I know that although my sixth form and another one in the Borough used the same exam boards and both has good teachers and atmospheres, my school offered greater support throughout the UCAS application and they are continuing to do so now during the pandemic advising us on student finance etc.

Quick Reply