The Student Room Group

Congratulations you morons

Well this is great. Now you have initiated a sociopolitical step back undoing all of the work done since 1648 by encouraging not only Scotland and Northern Ireland to leave the UK but also other countries to leave Europe. You have made Putin, ISIS and Donald Trump happy and you have handed our markets, healthcare, education, etc. to Farage and co. the political equivalent of handing a sick child to a premed.

In the best case scenario Trump will nuke somewhere causing WW3 and forcing Europe to unite again.

****ing well done.

Scroll to see replies

its a ****ing shambles, we will get NOTHING from having 'slightly more democracy' or 'sovereignty' in the wake of this recession, great job Brexiters, you're not allowed to come crying when you lose your pay
Reply 2
Well said...

I imagined that with the voice of Jeremy Clarkson and was brilliant.

I SUPPORT SCEXIT! Go Scotland! Let's be independent once again and choose to be in the EU! :smile:
Reply 3
Anything now will be Scotlands and NI call. They can either stick together for once or give up and exit, 67% turnout in Scotland of which 62% chose remain. That's only 42% of the Scottish population against 25%, is it worth breaking up the union when 58% don't support remain? Same goes for Northern Ireland but with different figures that still totals over 50% of the population not in support for remain
Original post by alevelstresss
its a ****ing shambles, we will get NOTHING from having 'slightly more democracy' or 'sovereignty' in the wake of this recession, great job Brexiters, you're not allowed to come crying when you lose your pay

You have no idea in what you're talking about.
It is good that we left
Original post by Blue_Mason
It is good that we left

You're the clueless one here little guy, the UK is finished, Northern Ireland and Scotland WILL leave, there is an economic recession, and we gain nothing apart from some more far right politics.
Original post by Blue_Mason
It is good that we left

Tell me why it's good I want factual evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile
U mad Bro?
Reply 8
Original post by zayn008
Anything now will be Scotlands and NI call. They can either stick together for once or give up and exit, 67% turnout in Scotland of which 62% chose remain. That's only 42% of the Scottish population against 25%, is it worth breaking up the union when 58% don't support remain? Same goes for Northern Ireland but with different figures that still totals over 50% of the population not in support for remain

42% of the total registered to vote going for Remain does not imply that 58% don't support it. It implies that 33% for whatever reason didn't vote.

It is hard to ignore that Scotland has a serious issue with democracy within the UK. It isn't just that the majority of Scottish voters voted Remain but that every single voting area voted Remain. Yet here we are about to leave the EU. On top of that we are ruled by a Westminister government that is at best the 3rd choice in Scotland, looking at things realistically.
Imagine thinking Trump will bomb a close ally and Nato member.
Don't bring trump into this lol.... Entirely different situation
Reply 11
Original post by offhegoes
42% of the total registered to vote going for Remain does not imply that 58% don't support it. It implies that 33% for whatever reason didn't vote.

It is hard to ignore that Scotland has a serious issue with democracy within the UK. It isn't just that the majority of Scottish voters voted Remain but that every single voting area voted Remain. Yet here we are about to leave the EU. On top of that we are ruled by a Westminister government that is at best the 3rd choice in Scotland, looking at things realistically.

If they didn't vote in support they did not support it, but why is it they have an issue with democracy in the UK but not the EU? That's a funny one. Yes you're right (except you mean a plurality not majority), Scotland can either walk in the dark with no EU deal or can stick with Britain, the best thing at the moment is to solve one issue at a time. I feel for the Scottish people since the main reason they didn't for independence was because of their EU membership and currency (which is currently in turmoil) but Scotland really isn't the issue right now, the UNITED Kingdom is. Any attempts for Scottish independence or abdonding the UK is a backstab, when you participate in a referendum you agree to collective responsibility or else you oppose the referendum, from what I see the way how is overcome will inevitably spells out a division in the union
Original post by zayn008
the best thing at the moment is to solve one issue at a time.

You are not going to be given one issue at a time. Moreover, I suspect they are looking for a copy of Hong Kong's Basic Law in Madrid this morning.
Reply 14
Original post by zayn008
If they didn't vote in support they did not support it, but why is it they have an issue with democracy in the UK but not the EU? That's a funny one. Yes you're right (except you mean a plurality not majority), Scotland can either walk in the dark with no EU deal or can stick with Britain, the best thing at the moment is to solve one issue at a time. I feel for the Scottish people since the main reason they didn't for independence was because of their EU membership and currency (which is currently in turmoil) but Scotland really isn't the issue right now, the UNITED Kingdom is. Any attempts for Scottish independence or abdonding the UK is a backstab, when you participate in a referendum you agree to collective responsibility or else you oppose the referendum, from what I see the way how is overcome will inevitably spells out a division in the union

I'm not one for repeating referenda, but the timing of the Scottish one, ahead of the EU one, was a disaster. As you suggest, the result would likely have been different had Scottish voters been able to predict an EU exit for the UK.

Scotland is always going to be a minority voice in the UK, but that is fine when the overall politics and ideology of Scotland is not too dissimilar to that of the rest of the UK. However increasingly it is becoming clear that this is not the case, and Scotland is now repeatedly being landed with relatively right-wing governments and decisions against the overwhelming will of its people.
Hahahahaha!!! I cant believe it!! We have actually left the stupid eu!!!! Brilliant! Celebrating right now!!
Reply 16
Original post by nulli tertius
You are not going to be given one issue at a time. Moreover, I suspect they are looking for a copy of Hong Kong's Basic Law in Madrid this morning.

images.jpg

You seem to be permanently under the impression that you are having a chat in Gray's Inn :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by cookie123456789
Hahahahaha!!! I cant believe it!! We have actually left the stupid eu!!!! Brilliant! Celebrating right now!!

Celebrate in like 4 years, when all these apparent "changes" will "finally?!!!" be implemented! Not loolll. God help us😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol. You lot are so grumpy. Have fun and celebrate. It's British Independence Day. Hoorah!
Original post by 9hk9
Celebrate in like 4 years, when all these apparent "changes" will "finally?!!!" be implemented! Not loolll. God help us😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I am celebrating now. Having a luxury glass of wine round my friend's house

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending