The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Do you think it would be worthwhile retaking c3 to get an A* next year when I'm at uni....
Original post by NobodyCares
Does anybody remember the exact vectors used for calculating cos(theta) I got 1/5 not 4/5 and want to see what i did wrong :frown:
Other than that I think I got full marks

sorry i not sure and dude don't cry about losing a couple of marks - hardly anyone will get 75/75 cause its just human nature to make silly mistakes. I'm similar to you in that I think i lost 4 marks through silly mistakes so don't worry about it honestly
Also does anyone are there worked solutions to the last question? I think I got the right answer but I can't quite remember
for question 7, I think I did 544pi - 205pi??? which gave me 339pi. this is pretty close to 1696/5. I don't really know where I went wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
For the last question where you had to work out the coordinates of E, I got the answer wrong, but I managed to get + or - 2/5. Will I get any marks for this do you think, and if yes, how many?
Who remembers what question 6 is????
Original post by arrow_h
For 4a I wrote: x=sqrt(3600-5t) ????

Same how many marks for 4a?
Original post by naveed121
For the last question where you had to work out the coordinates of E, I got the answer wrong, but I managed to get + or - 2/5. Will I get any marks for this do you think, and if yes, how many?

Probably 2
Original post by fefssdf
Do you think it would be worthwhile retaking c3 to get an A* next year when I'm at uni....

No it isn't, a levels are used to get you into uni so there's no point retaking if you get the grades required
Original post by Mattematics
Pretty sure every answer is now correct. Enjoy :smile:

Question 1:

Spoiler

Question 2:

Spoiler

Question 3:

Spoiler

Question 4:

Spoiler

Question 5:

Spoiler

Question 6:

Spoiler

Question 7:

Spoiler

Question 8:

Spoiler

Agreed on all counts
Reply 270
Does anyone know the marks for each question?
Original post by Hineshtailor
No it isn't, a levels are used to get you into uni so there's no point retaking if you get the grades required

but jobs and stuff will look at A-levels ?
Reply 272
pleeeeaaaassseeee marks for question 6????!!!
Original post by fefssdf
but jobs and stuff will look at A-levels ?

not if you have a higher level result like a degree..or at least it wont be as important
Reply 274
How many marks will i loose for 7c the volume question i found 1024pi/5 but i didn't substract it from 544pi
Predicted boundaries for this paper:

100ums - 75
90ums - 72
80ums - 69
70ums - 66

Etc..

This was the easiest C4 paper for many many years, so expect sky high grade boundaries. And yes they CAN be that high, as was the case for the January 2011 C4 paper, which had the exact same boundaries as above.😉
Original post by Waffles15
distance AP

I just wrote that AP was 2root2 but didn't write that k = 2 at the end, will I lose marks for this??
Original post by Waffles15
not if you have a higher level result like a degree..or at least it wont be as important

hmm i guess i am just the sort of person who likes to try again - in gcse film studies i got an A and retook it to get an A* even though nobody would care about it lol but i just like the satisfaction gained from improving
Original post by babiiii
How many marks will i loose for 7c the volume question i found 1024pi/5 but i didn't substract it from 544pi

1 mark
Reply 279
Original post by fefssdf
1 mark

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending