The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ninjakam119
Really pushing your luck bro, maybe if the grade boundary gods are kind, just maybe you can hope for an A, but I would let your parents know asap to avoid disappointment on results day.

I think 74/75 is probably low B, maybe C
Reply 481
63/75 for C3 and 73 of 74 /75 for C4 ? Is this enough for an A*
Original post by Piers456
I think the marks went as follows:

1. A) 6

2. A) 1 B) 3 C) 5

3. A) 5 B) 4

4. A) 4 B) 3

5. A) 4 B) 3

6. A) 6 B) 4 C) 5

7. A) 2 B) 1 C) 4

8. A) 1 B) 2 C) 2 D) 3 E) 2 F) 5

(Correct me if i'm wrong)

I have a feeling 7B was worth two marks, but I could be wrong.
Original post by Danllo
63/75 for C3 and 73 of 74 /75 for C4 ? Is this enough for an A*

I got essentially the same (maybe a couple of marks higher in C3 and full in C4) and have convinced myself yes. Assuming grade boundaries of about 66 for an A* in C3 you'll have got 85 UMS in C3 and around 98 UMS for 74/75 - all adds up to above 180 UMS overall = A*. Gg fam!
Original post by Tan455
Hey for the differential equation question I showed one method for part a and b and then 5 mins before the exam finished I went back and worked it out correctly under the other working out but forgot to cross out the incorrect method.
Will I still get the marks?
Yes. If you don't cross anything out, examiners mark each method and award the highest mark. (However, if you cross one method out and not another, examiners only mark what is not crossed out - so you were actually better off not crossing out your first method.)
Reply 485
UMS guesses for 70/71?
Original post by iBall
UMS guesses for 70/71?

I reckon i got 71 and I'm hoping that's at least 92-3 UMS ?
Reply 487
Hi guys I just have a quick question about the implicit differentiation, I got all my negatives on the bottom and positives on top, is that okay? was that just a case of simplifying the equation to make it easier to work with?
Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by somevirtualguy
You ended up with a quadratic? What method is that? I compared the magnitude of AP to the magnitude of the direction vector of the second line, and from comparing you get lambda=2/5 for the same magnitude to occur

Because we knew the length of PE, i used pythagoras theorem( we know vector equation of points on l2) in terms of lambda and i got a quadratic equation. I used this method before in mocks.
Original post by sztirmzi
3/5

Thank you :smile: And do you think i will lose a mark if i got -4/5 for cos theta using dot product rule, but then realised that this is not the acute angle they asked for and called it alpha and wrote theta=180-alpha, which gives the acute angle between them. Because you cannot know whether you will get the acute angle or not when you are doing the product rule and therefore i ended up finding the other angle, but still it was obvious that the answer they were asking for was without the minus sign.
How marks was the part where you work out where the normal crosses the x axis and the last part if the volume of revolution question?
Would an A at AS , 73/75 in c3 , 68/75 in c4 and 65/75 in S1 be an A*
For 3b would I get error carried forward if I got a different dy/dx? Same for the the integral question with sin^2theta?
How does ecf work? As in if you got costheta wrong in q. 8d, but then used the correct method (1/2absinc) for 8e using your value of theta (which was incorrect), would you still get 2/2 for 8e?
Is anyone gonna make model answers?
Original post by Raunaq98
Is anyone gonna make model answers?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4185241
Reply 496
Can someone tell me how many marks there were for each question?
What would 72 in C3 and 67 in C4 be? Think that's my worst case scenario
Original post by lunabbc
Hi guys I just have a quick question about the implicit differentiation, I got all my negatives on the bottom and positives on top, is that okay? was that just a case of simplifying the equation to make it easier to work with?
Any help would be appreciated.

I think it just depends on whether you decide to take the dy/dx terms over to the other side (making them negative) or taking the non dy/dx terms over to the side (making them negative), so the two expressions mean the same thing, times top and bottom by -1 and you have the other one
Reply 499
C1 - 90 UMS
C2 - 96 UMS
C3 - 83-84 UMS
C4 - 98 UMS
S1 - 77-80 UMS
S2 - Exam on Monday but last year I got 64 UMS (2015 paper). Would my current scores be good enough for an A* even if I didn't resit S2 this coming Monday ?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending