The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2016 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NotNotBatman
For the volume on 7b I got something like V=16375πV=\frac{1637}{5}\pi

I got same as you.
EDIT: nvm my bad
Hi guys i really need some help with this, i'm panicing so hard..

for question 4 i accidently put the x on the top instead of the bottom so differentiated and got -x^2 / 5 = t + c

then everything else i did was from this. So i think i got both of the questions wrong. My methodology was correct but i got the wrong equation because I made this silly error.

I ended up getting 640 as t and did 640x24x60 to get the minutes

How many marks would i lose for this? Would i get any marks carried forward?

for the very last vector question i used 1/2absinC to get the area but used 1/2(2route5)(2route5)(3/5) instead of using 2route2 so i got 6 instead of 12/5 for the area.

For the very last section I used P +/- linda(direction vector of l2) to work out the two points of B but worked out linda as 1 which is wrong.

How many marks in total would i lose for these errors? Any help would be very appreciated!
(edited 7 years ago)
was the parametric x = 4 tant and y = 5root(3)sin2t
Reply 63
Anyone know how many marks would be lost for misreading the volume question as an area? I'm thinking all 4 lost.
Reply 64
I differentiated -cos (piy) wrong , didnt take the pi out. If my whole dy/dx is correct expect im missing the pi how much marks should i lose ... it was a 6 marks question i guess
Original post by Don Pedro K.
'Twas 544pi - 1024(pi)/5 = 1696(pi)/5

The 544 looks right, I can't remember the fraction though, what was the curve equation?
Wasn't the area of the whole rectangle thing 512 pi?
Original post by edothero
Let E be a general point on the line l2l_{2}

So r=(15λ5+4λ2+3λ)\mathbf{r} = \begin{pmatrix} 1-5\lambda \\ 5+4\lambda \\ 2+3\lambda \end{pmatrix}

Find PE:

PE=(15λ5+4λ2+3λ)(152)\vec{PE} = \begin{pmatrix} 1-5\lambda \\ 5+4\lambda \\ 2+3\lambda \end{pmatrix} - \begin{pmatrix} 1 \\ 5 \\ 2 \end{pmatrix}

So PE=(5λ4λ3λ)\vec{PE} = \begin{pmatrix} -5\lambda \\ 4\lambda \\ 3\lambda \end{pmatrix}

Now we know that AP=PE\vec{AP} = \vec{PE}

Therefore the lengths are the same, as the length of AP=22\vec{AP} = 2\sqrt{2}

You know that PE=(5λ)2+(4λ)2+(3λ)2=22|\vec{PE}| = \sqrt{(5\lambda)^{2} + (4\lambda)^{2} + (3\lambda)^{2}} = 2\sqrt{2}

50λ2=22 \sqrt{50\lambda^{2}} = 2\sqrt{2}

50λ2=850\lambda^{2} = 8

λ=±25 \lambda = \pm \dfrac{2}{5}

Then use this lambda with the general point equation r=(15λ5+4λ2+3λ)\mathbf{r} = \begin{pmatrix} 1-5\lambda \\ 5+4\lambda \\ 2+3\lambda \end{pmatrix}

Lol, lost all 5 marks on that question...shame
Also for the value of lambda that I obtained was 32, I know this is wrong know but everything else I got was correct.
Do you think the error will be carried forward to the next question.
Original post by Aruba852
I differentiated -cos (piy) wrong , didnt take the pi out. If my whole dy/dx is correct expect im missing the pi how much marks should i lose ... it was a 6 marks question i guess

It was 5 marks for the dy/dx and 4 marks for the coordinates. I also got the dy/dx wrong but I reckon we will definitely get some method marks!
Original post by NotNotBatman
The 544 looks right, I can't remember the fraction though, what was the curve equation?

Y = (2x-1)^(3/4) I believe?
Original post by coolguy123456
Wasn't the area of the whole rectangle thing 512 pi?

We wanted volume not area :smile:
OH GOD YES! After doing misreably in C3, I made up for it in c4!!!! 71-73/75. FEELSGOODMAN
Reply 73
Any idea how many marks 6. b), c), d), & 8. a) were worth?
Hi guys
On Q3 I forgot the minus 2 and got an answer of 6/22+π instead of 8/22+π. This lead to my next part being wrong also. Bow many marks do you think I'll loose. All of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edothero

Spoiler

Interesting.

I wrote because mod l2's direction = 5sqrt2 and we want lengths of +-2sqrt2, then we must multiply the line equation direction by factors of +-2/5
Original post by MrPooey
Anyone know how many marks would be lost for misreading the volume question as an area? I'm thinking all 4 lost.

I did thr same mistake lol. I even had to integrate that function again. Hope i read it right that time :frown: altho pretty sure area is correct. I think we can get 2 if area is correct :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
For 7b, I rushed the last part and wrote 1024pi(/5) -544pi instead of 544pi -1024pi/5 :/

How many marks lost on this?
how many marks was question 3 and the last part of 7 worth?
Original post by Don Pedro K.
We wanted volume not area :smile:

Yeah that's what I meant sorry, volume as 512 and then the other thing as 1024/5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending