The Student Room Group

Hahaha it has begun (Motion of No Confidence in Jeremy Corbyn)

http://news.sky.com/story/1717003/corbyn-no-confidence-motion-in-labour-leader

Knew he wouldn't last two seconds, absolute idiot as a politician :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Lets hope he goes, hes a weak leader and has divided Labour. I still believe they picked the wrong Miliband brother.
A sad, but necessary decision.
Labour MP tells me a motion of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn "would be passed overwhelmingly"
Reply 4
Original post by physicsphysics91
Labour MP tells me a motion of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn "would be passed overwhelmingly"

Ahh all these sweet changes, putting the 'great' back in Britain again :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by 16characterlimit
A sad, but necessary decision.

I am not sad!
:biggrin:
Reply 6
Inevitable.
But good for the country. A viable opposition is needed.

Will be interesting to see how the rank and file members of Labour will react though.
Not surprised, given the Blairites and co have wanted any reason to oust him, but when you think about it it really is quite shameless. Corbyn was (and essentially still is) a soft Eurosceptic on the fence. He was pressured into taking a more vocal pro-Remain stance to appease the large number of strongly pro-EU MPs who don't like him anyway. And now that the country has voted to Leave, and Labour voters in particular, they're claiming that their own disconnect with voters on the issue is somehow the fault of the more Eurosceptic Corbyn.
Good, idiots like him deserve no place in serious politics
Why are people blaming Corbyn for the referendum result? Why don't they blame our new Prime Minister who spearheaded an expensive misinformation campaign?

When the **** are people in this country going to stop looking for other people to blame?
The problem is it wasn't Corbyn that led them to electoral humiliation, it was the part of the party that want him out. Kick him out and it will business as usual, which is to say, still unelectable because I don't see Labour addressing the reasons that made them a laughing stock in 2015.
Original post by anarchism101
Not surprised, given the Blairites and co have wanted any reason to oust him, but when you think about it it really is quite shameless. Corbyn was (and essentially still is) a soft Eurosceptic on the fence. He was pressured into taking a more vocal pro-Remain stance to appease the large number of strongly pro-EU MPs who don't like him anyway. And now that the country has voted to Leave, and Labour voters in particular, they're claiming that their own disconnect with voters on the issue is somehow the fault of the more Eurosceptic Corbyn.

Corbyn was supposed to be the anti politician. The one who went against the status quo and did what the party members wanted and truly represent them.

He failed miserably.

He didn't stand up for himself. He didn't stand up for his party. He allowed himself to get brow beaten and shunted away.

He's been an irrelevance in this campaign. I don't think there's anybody who can think that's a good trait in the Leader of HM's Opposition.
And yet Nigel Farage is such a wonderful politician who makes me so incredibly proud to be British.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Drewski
In bold, getting ahead of yourself (again), aren't we?

And hang on. You've just said "blame this guy, not the other guy" and then barely a moment later said "don't blame anyone".

Are you schizophrenic?

No, I said "blame the people running the country instead of trying to blame everyone else".
Original post by JordanL_
No, I said "blame the people running the country instead of trying to blame everyone else".

Hate to be a pedant, but your exact words were:

Original post by JordanL_
When the **** are people in this country going to stop looking for other people to blame?

God, it's almost like there's a quote function on this site...
Original post by Drewski
Hate to be a pedant, but your exact words were:

God, it's almost like there's a quote function on this site...

Yes...

...instead of blaming the government they elected.
We need a politician who campaigns for real social justice for everyone, without identity politics or snobbery to take the wind out of the sales of the right-wing hate mongers. Globalism has to work for everyone.
Tbf labour wasn't going to perform well in the next general election with Corbyn, the party itself was too divided. A new, better supported leader could actually be a good opposition in the next general election and give the people a more viable alternative.

(Still wish David Miliband was made leader instead of Ed, perhaps the 2015 result would've been different. Heck, if labour won, we perhaps wouldn't have had this referendum)
Original post by Drewski
Corbyn was supposed to be the anti politician. The one who went against the status quo and did what the party members wanted and truly represent them.

He failed miserably.

He didn't stand up for himself. He didn't stand up for his party. He allowed himself to get brow beaten and shunted away.

He's been an irrelevance in this campaign. I don't think there's anybody who can think that's a good trait in the Leader of HM's Opposition.

I don't disagree, and that's a very valid complaint from a Labour voter or member's perspective. From Europhile Labour MPs, on the other hand, it's shameless hypocrisy, when they're precisely those who brow beat him into backing Remain, knowing he probably wasn't genuinely for it. They talk about how Labour needs to get "back in touch" and be more in tune with what the public think, yet we've just had a referendum in which the public in general and Labour voters in particular have been shown to be anti-EU, and their diagnosis of Corbyn's problem is that he's not pro-EU enough. It's laughable.
Original post by Drewski
In bold, getting ahead of yourself (again), aren't we?

And hang on. You've just said "blame this guy, not the other guy" and then barely a moment later said "don't blame anyone".

Are you schizophrenic?

Schizophrenia does not equal Dissociative identity disorder.Not helping the stigma of mental health by spreading misconceptions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending