The Student Room Group

Brexiters: what happens now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tengentoppa
It's going to take a lot longer than that to leave the EU, let alone create new trade agreements. To set up whatever arrangement we will have with the EU could take up to 5 or 6 years.

Both sides will try to settle the agreement rapidly. We're not in the case of a state wanting to join - and therefore harmonising its legislation with European requirements. The UK has already the correct legislation, so I suspect that the process will go faster than 5 years.
image.jpg

Some people here have asked me why I'm Remain. This in a nutshell. There's a lot wrong with the country but broadly we were good and had a lot of good things going. We've swapped that for "pppffffft I dunno lol".

Great.
Reply 22
Original post by Catholic_
I could say the same for you Liberals after letting in millions of Muslims.
But they haven't let in "millions of Muslims". And leaving the EU will only affect immigration by EU citizens, most of whom are not Muslims.
Original post by QE2
But they haven't let in "millions of Muslims". And leaving the EU will only affect immigration by EU citizens, most of whom are not Muslims.

But they come in via the EU of course. Duhh.
Reply 24
Original post by Jebedee
But they come in via the EU of course. Duhh.
But the UK does not have an open border with the EU, not being a signatory to the Schengen agreement, so how will leaving the EU stop non EU immigration, via EU countries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending