The Student Room Group

After the result, would you have voted differently?

I've seen a couple of people on Facebook, friends of friends, saying they felt differently now the vote is over and the results are out and wish they'd voted differently. Regardless of your stance on the EU referendum, would anyone else have voted differently?

Scroll to see replies

Why would you change your vote because of the voting results?
Reply 2
Original post by Vikingninja

Its due to all this media putting it in a bad light.
Original post by Vikingninja

I'm not saying I have. I'm just curious. I still firmly stand with my vote. I've seen a few other people, however, express concerns about the validity of some 'facts' and a few other things and I was curious as to whether anybody else felt the same way, and if they did whether it was more remain or leave voters.
No. I was firmly Out and still am.
Reply 5
No.. I voted remain and would again. I feel like we've lost a limb, we're gliding around alone, none of the 27 other countries by us. The ties have been severed.

:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm finding it hard to stay confident in my decision to leave when there is so much negativity and criticism, and I think I probably researched the issue better than a lot of people, but also worse than a lot of people.
Reply 7
Original post by The Roast
No. I was firmly Out and still am.

Leave ftw. I would never change my vote from leave to remain. :colondollar:
Original post by SMEGGGY
No.. I voted remain and would again. I feel like we've lost a limb, we're gliding around alone, none of the 27 other countries by us. The ties have been severed.

:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they haven't, even France has vowed to stand by it's "friendly" neighbour.

Leaders of the remaining EU states are respecting our decision, albeit with some regret.
Original post by mrITguy
Its due to all this media putting it in a bad light.

I don't think there's any way to report on the pound dropping 10% and £130b leaving the country that's not in a bad light. Bad things are happening, stop blaming the media and trying to pretend otherwise.
Original post by JordanL_
I don't think there's any way to report on the pound dropping 10% and £130b leaving the country that's not in a bad light. Bad things are happening, stop blaming the media and trying to pretend otherwise.

Your posts today have been spot on, PRSOM.
Original post by JordanL_

Wow......getting very aggressive aren't we? :biggrin:

I did not mean the Pound as such, as that is obvious that it would drop if we voted leave. What I am getting at is this "Europe/Scotland and North Ireland is angry at us and Britain is in chaos" vibe from the media.

its simply being far blown out of proportion and this is just the expected shock that we knew would happen if we voted leave.

The Sun is still shinning, people are still going to work and no world war 3......
Original post by mrITguy
Wow......getting very aggressive aren't we? :biggrin:

I did not mean the Pound as such, as that is obvious that it would drop if we voted leave. What I am getting at is this "Europe/Scotland and North Ireland is angry at us and Britain is in chaos" vibe from the media.

its simply being far blown out of proportion and this is just the expected shock that we knew would happen if we voted leave.

The Sun is still shinning, people are still going to work and no world war 3......

Just wait for each country to drop one by one out of the EU, and Putin will take advantage of this.
Original post by alevelstresss
Just wait for each country to drop one by one out of the EU, and Putin will take advantage of this.

Yes that is going to happen no doubt and you should be happy as a nation for britian to have played a huge part on the world stage by setting an example to the rest of the world (particularly EU member states).
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I've seen a couple of people on Facebook, friends of friends, saying they felt differently now the vote is over and the results are out and wish they'd voted differently. Regardless of your stance on the EU referendum, would anyone else have voted differently?

Me and my family only voted out to protest against the system. We were absolutely certain remain would win, I didn't think leave would actually win
Original post by chelseadagg3r

This is so unbelievably depressing.
Original post by mrITguy
Yes that is going to happen no doubt and you should be happy as a nation for britian to have played a huge part on the world stage by setting an example to the rest of the world (particularly EU member states).

Its stupid to make every single European country work in self interest rather than common global interest. We will essentially be back in 1935.
No. Although I would have much preferred this result under a Labour government.
Original post by alevelstresss
Its stupid to make every single European country work in self interest rather than common global interest. We will essentially be back in 1935.

So you wanted Germany and France to tell all the other states what to do? lol

Look how Germany treated Greece and the greek people...........you think that is democratic?

Yes we have our country back and are not answerable to people who we do not elect.
Original post by Manchester_123
Me and my family only voted out to protest against the system. We were absolutely certain remain would win, I didn't think leave would actually win

Quick Reply