The Student Room Group

Realizing it's over, no hope with him, how to regain back self-worth?

Continuing from OP's........

So I've been rejected after the first awesome date, next day he says he LIKES ME but my innocence is not what he's looking for?

Realized how immature his reasoning was I sent a stray of texts telling him it's a bit weird and that he should just delete me number. He wasn't horrible, it's just weird of an excuse that I didn't understand, anyway I sent the last message and then deleted the conversation after. I don't know if he read or not, nor do I even care but he didn't text back.

He's beautiful with blonde hair and blue eyes and we are attracted to each other. Maybe his past relationships were off... he's scared.... Immature? I don't know but I'm hurt and sad and it'll pain me to see him with someone else.

It's been two weeks since we went on our date and then got rejected, still miss him and I should be over it by now but I'm not? Like why!?

I do miss him but I understand he's made it clear that there is nothing there. I asked him if I bored him? The day? He said no. He enjoyed himself I didn't get the impression he was bored or uninterested in me. He even said he liked me more than I did him. (?)

Question is, why did he reject me if he liked me? Should I hold onto the tiny hope that it might work out or should I move on completely (which is really hard to do because I've had my share of rejections from guys and nothing ever turns out well) I just get forgotten about, like I am nothing. :frown:

I am </3.
It's one guy that you went on a date with, once. Why are you being so obsessive? How can you "miss" him? You were never a couple to begin with. I'm sorry but you sound really clingy and obsessive. That is definitely the impression this post is giving, perhaps you gave off similar vibes during the date and he didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you. Best way is to just forget about it and move on by seeing it how it is:

One date didn't end up how you wanted it. So what? People go on dates that don't work out all the time. Thousands of unsuccessful dates will probably take place today just in the city I live in! Big deal. Plenty of fish in the sea and all that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by The Good Doctor
It's one guy that you went on a date with, once. Why are you being so obsessive? How can you "miss" him? You were never a couple to begin with. I'm sorry but you sound really clingy and obsessive. That is definitely the impression this post is giving, perhaps you gave off similar vibes during the date and he didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you. Best way is to just forget about it and move on by seeing it how it is:

One date didn't end up how you wanted it. So what? People go on dates that don't work out all the time. Thousands of unsuccessful dates will probably take place today just in the city I live in! Big deal. Plenty of fish in the sea and all that.

One good date may I add*

I mean we kissed and he said he liked me too, he gave all the signals he liked me too, so I mean I do miss being in his presence from that date. When you meet someone and you're just excited to see where things go with someone who shares the same interests you do. That isn't wrong.

I'm not clingy or obsessive thank you very much, I do take rejection sensitively but don't actively seek to message or stalk his life. I said how I felt in a text which I have to admit did look a bit needy but it was spur of the moment (I understand after that I blew it)

I respect that he doesn't want anything to do with me, I get it, but that stuff hurts.

FYI I am moving on and of course there are plenty of fish in the sea I mean why would I want a dead fish like him who can't even put a coherent sentence together. :smile:
Reply 3
You're a bit too intense which is high risk early doors. This said don't fret as dating is fraught with unfair rejection and angst. Just pick up the pieces and move on. There's always a Plan B.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
You're a bit too intense which is high risk early doors. This said don't fret as dating is fraught with unfair rejection and angst. Just pick up the pieces and move on. There's always a Plan B.

Apologies for being upset.

But like God damn why can't anyone understand that I just wanted to see where things could go, does that really mean I'm needy and intense?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND what I am doing so wrong? I really don't. I can't fathom why after a series of dates and rejections I'm still so single!

Yah I'm picking up the pieces, again...
Original post by gamerchic

But like God damn why can't anyone understand that I just wanted to see where things could go, does that really mean I'm needy and intense?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND what I am doing so wrong? I really don't. I can't fathom why after a series of dates and rejections I'm still so single!

Your innocence wasn't what he was looking for was code for, "I want sex now and not to have to call you after."

He wanted a fling and you wanted something more. He didn't reject you; you rejected him when you didn't put out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Your innocence wasn't what he was looking for was code for, "I want sex now and not to have to call you after."

He wanted a fling and you wanted something more. He didn't reject you; you rejected him when you didn't put out.

I don't know if that was his intentions or not, but who cares. End of the day I am no one's second best and if those were his intentions then good riddance he'll surely get far in life.

Thanks for replying btw

The fact you are so upset over this is what's wrong, love. Yes, it's a strong indicator that you are too needy and intense for a lot of guys. You seem like the kind of girl that will ask "where do you think this is going?" on the first or second date. I've had that before - instant turn off. Immediately instills the desire in the guy to get out of there.

Yeh, you obviously wanted to see where it would go after one date. But he wasn't that interested.... there is still no reason why you should be so affected by this. What exactly is the big deal? Try to get into a frame of mind where you don't care so much about whether a date will go well or not. Of course, be excited, look forward to it, hope/pray that it goes well, but if it doesn't then remember there is no need to be upset. You can be disappointed, sure. I've been disappointed in similar situations. But I didn't get upset over it like you are.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't know if that was his intentions or not, but who cares. End of the day I am no one's second best and if those were his intentions then good riddance he'll surely get far in life.

Thanks for replying btw

You rock! Anybody who doesn't see that can try out for the Paralympics because the man is -blind-. In two months, you won't remember the dinks name.
Reply 9
The fact you are so upset over this is what's wrong, love. Yes, it's a strong indicator that you are too needy and intense for a lot of guys. You seem like the kind of girl that will ask "where do you think this is going?" on the first or second date. I've had that before - instant turn off. Immediately instills the desire for the guy to get out of there.

Yeh, you obviously wanted to see where it would go after one date. But he wasn't that interested.... there is still no reason why you should be so affected by this. What exactly is the big deal? Try to get into a frame of mind where you don't care so much about whether a date will go well or not. Of course, be excited, look forward to it, hope/pray that it goes well, but if it doesn't then remember there is no need to be upset. You can be disappointed, sure. I've been disappointed in similar situations. But I didn't get upset over it like you are.

I've been on dates and I've never asked a guy that question. I'm chilled out really just try to make a conversation with the guy.

Saying I am needy is a bit... off, dude. He said no, I backed off, wow I'm so needy.

Nope, just that it's been a while since I've been on a date and he actually initiated a lot of it and acted more needy than me. So I'm just caught off guard by the whole reasoning sudden change of mind?

I have all the right to be upset for as long as I need too. Thank you.
I've been on dates and I've never asked a guy that question. I'm chilled out really just try to make a conversation with the guy.

Saying I am needy is a bit... off, dude. He said no, I backed off, wow I'm so needy.

Nope, just that it's been a while since I've been on a date and he actually initiated a lot of it and acted more needy than me. So I'm just caught off guard by the whole reasoning sudden change of mind?

I have all the right to be upset for as long as I need too. Thank you.

Well you may deny it but that is how you are coming across. The questions you have been asking and the tone in which you ask them and reply to feedback completely contradicts your denial. I'm sorry, it's not nice to hear. I understand that.

But here's the thing: you can choose to accept it and try to do something about it... or only listen to the suck-ups to make yourself feel better, not learning anything in the process and dooming yourself to make the same mistakes again and again.
Reply 11
Well you may deny it but that is how you are coming across. The questions you have been asking and the tone in which you ask them and reply to feedback completely contradicts your denial. I'm sorry, it's not nice to hear. I understand that.

But here's the thing: you can choose to accept it and try to do something about it... or only listen to the suck-ups to make yourself feel better, not learning anything in the process and dooming yourself to make the same mistakes again and again.

I was upset at that moment and hurt. I have every god damn right to be. Jesus.

What denial? I've stated in my post that HE HAS REJECTED ME, and that it's sad but I need to accept it.

I've learnt plenty from people giving good advice on TSR. Not you though.
The only time innocence is unattractive in a girl is when you only want sex. Innocence is hugely attractive to men (at least myself).
Continuing from OP's........

So I've been rejected after the first awesome date, next day he says he LIKES ME but my innocence is not what he's looking for?

Realized how immature his reasoning was I sent a stray of texts telling him it's a bit weird and that he should just delete me number. He wasn't horrible, it's just weird of an excuse that I didn't understand, anyway I sent the last message and then deleted the conversation after. I don't know if he read or not, nor do I even care but he didn't text back.

He's beautiful with blonde hair and blue eyes and we are attracted to each other. Maybe his past relationships were off... he's scared.... Immature? I don't know but I'm hurt and sad and it'll pain me to see him with someone else.

It's been two weeks since we went on our date and then got rejected, still miss him and I should be over it by now but I'm not? Like why!?

I do miss him but I understand he's made it clear that there is nothing there. I asked him if I bored him? The day? He said no. He enjoyed himself I didn't get the impression he was bored or uninterested in me. He even said he liked me more than I did him. (?)

Question is, why did he reject me if he liked me? Should I hold onto the tiny hope that it might work out or should I move on completely (which is really hard to do because I've had my share of rejections from guys and nothing ever turns out well) I just get forgotten about, like I am nothing. :frown:

I am </3.

Go get something pritty for tonight's you are obviously good looking get the girls round and go clubbing you will look nice guys will be looking at you it should be a confidence booster
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
The only time innocence is unattractive in a girl is when you only want sex. Innocence is hugely attractive to men (at least myself).

I know! I don't go around sleeping with random dudes on first dates. I mean I don't mind the whole kiss and touching but dude was innocence really his excuse? Pathetic. I was really genuine about him and NEVER once thought about as some sex object, and he even denied that I used him for one thing then proceeded to say he did like me.

He also thought his first girlfriend at 16 was real love. Dude clearly has no respect for anything because he couldn't be bothered to even shower on our date. Not the type of guy I'd ever trust or feel comfortable with. Good luck to the girl who has to put up with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending