The Student Room Group

Stop the Brexit- I've changed my mind!!

Sorry guys. I thought I did what I thought was best, but it looks like my vote and my influence on my friend may have contributed towards the turmoil that's going to unfold in the UK that's possibly going to affect us all.

Pretty much most folks at work have voted remain. I asked how it might affect the business they said if anything logistics and procurement might be an issue but as of now it's hard to tell. Also my main reasons were employment related. Not immigration, because if you believe immigration is going to cease cos of this Brexit then you're a retard.

Anyway if I can change my vote. I WILL.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My main issue was there wasn't much information available. Not enough in my opinion. A lot of us were debating what to do. It was so confusing we were talking about flipping a coin and just going with that. That's how unsure everyone was with this referendum.
Reply 3
Too late. The damage has already been done and we haven't even left the EU yet. There's still hope, give it time.
A lot of people are in your shoes.

I have no sympathy.
Yeah, man. I'm with you. Stop the Brexit because one guy didn't do his homework.
Original post by thePatron
Sorry guys. I thought I did what I thought was best, but it looks like my vote and my influence on my friend may have contributed towards the turmoil that's going to unfold in the UK that's possibly going to affect us all.

Pretty much most folks at work have voted remain. I asked how it might affect the business they said if anything logistics and procurement might be an issue but as of now it's hard to tell. Also my main reasons were employment related. Not immigration, because if you believe immigration is going to cease cos of this Brexit then you're a retard.

Sympathy about the wholesale lack of information and huge bundle of misinformation. Try watching this and distributing the link. The facts from someone who knows and clearly can be trusted. Its lengthy but it gives the facts. It also shows the need to reverse and StopTheBrexit.
Original post by DontBrexit
Sympathy about the wholesale lack of information and huge bundle of misinformation. Try watching this and distributing the link. The facts from someone who knows and clearly can be trusted. Its lengthy but it gives the facts. It also shows the need to reverse and StopTheBrexit.

The LINK !! :smile:
good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y
It is never going to be straight forward to leave the EU.. I am sure most people understand this. The short term "chaos" will end and slowly we will be in a position to work with what we have got and improve things. We still have 2 years (approx) before we finally leave the EU, in which time, all changes and agreements can be concluded.

When we are free from the shackles, is we can then really start to improve our economy due to the ability of trading globally, passing legislation in shorter amounts of time that are sensible and that work for our Country. We can invest more into public services from the savings we make not paying our weekly subscription to the EU membership.

Even though I am not a Tory fan.. some of their plans to reduce the National Debt by introducing Austerity measures seem to be working. The higher tax lower welfare system is sensible and logical. The negative things for us financially of course include Foreign Aid, HS2, Trident and Minimum Living Wage*.

*even though people think increasing wages is a positive thing for the country, I disagree a lot!

So therefor we also need changes in our Government in or around the same time as we are free from the EU.. or before would be even better! OK Cameron might be gone (good riddance) it is still a Tory Government.. and still the same old same old in my opinion unless they surprise me!

So to sum it up.. it's a positive thing to be almost out of the EU.. and hopefully our Government can now use this to their advantage and negotiate some amazing worldwide deals.. and we can become a strong nation once again.
Well it is a bit late now. :stupid:

you should write to Mr Cameron and his family to apologise.
My main issue was there wasn't much information available. Not enough in my opinion. A lot of us were debating what to do. It was so confusing we were talking about flipping a coin and just going with that. That's how unsure everyone was with this referendum.

Yes, if only someone had pointed out what would happen in aftermath of Brexit... like every expert ever. Or if there was a magic box where information about EU could be found with few clicks...
The irony of you calling other people retards when you are such a thick **** that you voted one way and then immediately changed your mind because you were to retarded research what you were voting for.

I ended up voting remain it was a tough choice but it's what I went for in the end. Even I can see that If we are out of Europe we can control immigration no one is saying immigration will stop or even that they want it to (well other than BNP/Britain First/EDL types) the point is we can control the numbers that come into Britain and the type of people that come into Britain. Regardless of which way people voted or wanted to vote if you cannot see this is one of the results (for good or bad) of the referendum you are an idiot.

You say you wanted more information and facts but the truth is the future is very much up in the air this is the first time anything like this has happened to the EU, so at the moment all we have is guess work no one really knows how things will play out in the future, other than the short term financial instability and market chaos we are currently seeing. The instability and chaos may well give way to a brighter and richer economy in the coming years as we make our own trade deals or it may well make us worse off. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Sad that Brexiteers were calking so much of what is obviously proving true, to be scaremongering.

Looks at banks and housbuilder stocks!! At this rate we'll be in another bloody banking crisis. all cos people wanted 'change'.

It beggars belief
Reply 14
Anyone who genuinely believes OP was a brexiter from the get-go is a bit simple really. And Op-cringe.
Reply 15
Original post by P357
Anyone who genuinely believes OP was a brexiter from the get-go is a bit simple really. And Op-cringe.

This :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by P357

What do you mean??
For Christ sake don't; just because you regret it doesn't mean the decision should be overturned.

What exactly caused the change in mind?

Read these please: more to come.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4194793&p=66208895#post66208895
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4197981&p=66245689#post66245689
You know what the worst thing is? Because of people like you I'm probably not going to have the chance to study in the UK (I'm a EU national). It's so maddening that my future has been decided by people that didn't do enough research and then regretted their vote a moment after :frown:
My main issue was there wasn't much information available.

On the one hand, there was tonnes of information. The BBC had endless "About the issues" pages laying out both sides of the argument. But on other hand, no one can predict the future.

The disappointment for me, was that the referendum was effectively just about trade and economics. However, it was hijacked with lots of other issues like sovereignty, immigration and more besides that were used to kick the establishment. We are now in a situation where we have basically cut our nose to spite our face. When the dust settles, my view is that all the manoeuvring will see us in a position that is satisfactory to most Brexiters, but in reality is identical to that of pre-Brexit.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending