The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Extenuating Circumstances.

I have been suffering for the majority of this academic year with a health issue that has thrown me off my study completely. I'm afraid that i may slightly miss out on my offer at Leeds. I was wondering if anyone knew about how I should make the university aware of my circumstance and how understanding they are likely to be. Has anyone had experience with this?
Original post by Jheeeeez
I have been suffering for the majority of this academic year with a health issue that has thrown me off my study completely. I'm afraid that i may slightly miss out on my offer at Leeds. I was wondering if anyone knew about how I should make the university aware of my circumstance and how understanding they are likely to be. Has anyone had experience with this?

Hi

The best thing to do is to contact the department you have applied to. You'll probably need to provide official confirmation (a doctors note/letter from your doctor for example). If you already declared your health condition to the exam board, this will have been taken into account when giving you your grade.

I'd recommend talking to your tutor or University advisor at your school or college - they'll be best to advise you.

Amanda
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest