The Student Room Group

Why I, an 18 Year Old, Ex-Muslim voted leave?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a Muslim yourself? If you are: it's not good to backbite on some of your brothers and sisters in faith. :tongue:

its not backbiting its criticism
Original post by champ_mc99
The EU consists of European countries. Hardly as many muslims from there. The only doubt you would have about an increase in Muslim population if Turkey does decide to join later (btw their Islamic views are quite liberal compared to Iraq, Afghanistan etc.).

I guess that's why 10% of turks do not see ISIS as terrorists

http://news.trust.org//item/20160112154230-7c2sb/

And 20% support the slaughter of Charlie Hebdo cartoonists

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/metropoll-42-turkish-public-believe-muslims-are-real-victims-charlie-hebdo-attack-1486355
Original post by Angry Bird
its not backbiting its criticism

Behind their backs, since it can't reasonably be expected that all Muslims who voted Leave are watching this thread. :wink:
Lol. This is a great example of "Islamaphobia".

Scared of Muslims even when it has nothing to do with them .

hahahah
Original post by mk_98
The country is still run by a group of elitists who went to state schools and top universities

Did you mean to say private/independent/public schools? :beard:
Reply 25
Original post by Hydeman
Did you mean to say private/independent/public schools? :beard:

Yep my bad lol
I think this EU vote clearly shows that the whole labeling people with invented pejoratives like "racist" "Bigot" "islamophobe" doesn't work anymore
Original post by Fantastic Fan
I guess that's why 10% of turks do not see ISIS as terrorists

http://news.trust.org//item/20160112154230-7c2sb/

And 20% support the slaughter of Charlie Hebdo cartoonists

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/metropoll-42-turkish-public-believe-muslims-are-real-victims-charlie-hebdo-attack-1486355

It could be, but you would have to bring up the same stats for Iraq and Afghanistan (hence the usage of the words "compared to").
It could be, but you would have to bring up the same stats for Iraq and Afghanistan (hence the usage of the words "compared to":wink:.

All 3 Nations are filled with Radicals, so why are you using 2 known radical countries to try and make Turkey seem like a peaceful tolerant Islamic nation?
There needs to be another referendum. I want to change my vote. There's a petition on the HM gov site. Sign it.
Reply 30
funny thing is birmingham actually voted leave overall.
All 3 Nations are filled with Radicals, so why are you using 2 known radical countries to try and make Turkey seem like a peaceful tolerant Islamic nation?

Letting in Turks is a much safer option than letting in guys from the other two countries (and more). Let's not forget, Turkey may not even join the EU (and it's silly to base your vote on this one possibility).
Original post by Hydeman
Behind their backs, since it can't reasonably be expected that all Muslims who voted Leave are watching this thread. :wink:

Taking the literal meaning of the word back biting, I hope you're trolling lol
Original post by Lord Samosa

Spoiler

You're right, but I still hate stupid children who report to playing semantic games when the things they say are so clearly morally repugnant.
Letting in Turks is a much safer option than letting in guys from the other two countries (and more). Let's not forget, Turkey may not even join the EU (and it's silly to base your vote on this one possibility).

I completely agree with you there, but that's like saying Let's stop the Nazi's rather than the Bolsheviks.

It's a matter of lesser of 3 evils.

I would rather allow in Qataris or People from the UAE, as hardly any terrorism happens there.
Original post by Angry Bird
Taking the literal meaning of the word back biting, I hope you're trolling lol

Not trolling, just trying to make sure you don't fall into the trap of non-literalism and innovation. :rolleyes:
On a serious note, you should know that plenty of Muslims have fairly solid religious reasons for not voting in elections/referenda, though there is a difference of opinion on the matter. :tongue:
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
I would bet so much money you're not an ex-Muslim and are just a standard racist.

I'm in this same category unfortunately. Muslims would never accept us because we converted out of Islam. It is what it is.
I completely agree with you there, but that's like saying Let's stop the Nazi's rather than the Bolsheviks.

It's a matter of lesser of 3 evils.

I would rather allow in Qataris or People from the UAE, as hardly any terrorism happens there.

But now there's an equal chance between a Turk and an Afghan entering the UK with the latter having a much higher chance of being a radical which is exactly what the OP wanted to prevent. :biggrin:

Turkey wasn't my main concern, its the overall immigration numbers that scare me.
Just remember that Muslims are the fastest growing demographic in this country.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/11/muslim-population-england-wales-nearly-doubles-10-years

You only need a large number (not proportion) to arrive, to set of the chain reaction.
Original post by BioStudentx
I'm in this same category unfortunately. Muslims would never accept us because we converted out of Islam. It is what it is.

Its so f*cking annoying how they just dismiss our voices as bigoted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending