The Student Room Group

I'm a Pole I think Brexit was STUPID

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Magdax
It's not regaining ground much, still much lower than start of week

It has actually regained a lot of ground, it should be stable by the end of the week. This is how stock markets work, it will always fluctuate like this.

I'm not living in UK right now but I used to and might come back to be freelancer. However stricter immigration controls make it impossible for skilled workers like me to move into the UK (or out of if British want to work in countries)

That's an issue that is being addressed, this is what the 2 year period is for, to negotiate things like this. I honestly do not know what could happen, maybe you could be given work visa or dual citizenship if you are back and forth. That is up to the next PM but you will not be sent back. There is nothing wrong with visas, it just means filling out pieces of paper which I think is fair we because people outside the EU have to do that.

But there are already hundreds of refugees. So is UK going to ship them all back? :confused:

(Facepalm)

What exactly are you talking about, people who are coming here illegally or people from places like Syria seeking asylum here legally? Because if you are talking about the "refugees" at the Calais border - well, they are not refugees they are migrants, to be more exact, economic migrants.

I meant blocking or stricter EU migration

see my 2nd post on page 1 :smile:

Again, there is nothing wrong with controls on EU immigration. We have controls on non-EU immigration, that only makes it fair because EU citizens have a little VIP clubcard membership which allows them to immigrate to the UK without hassle. While non-EU citizens have to go through an application process which is safer and better but not fair because EU citizens don't have to do that.
Original post by Magdax
But skilled migration helps UK and other EU countries?

I found this on a forum

Considered Top 10 Universities in the UK:

1. University of Cambridge - Cambridge voted 73.85% REMAIN
2. University of Oxford - Oxford voted 70.27% REMAIN
3. UCL (University College London) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
4. Imperial College London - Kensington & Chelsea voted 68.69% REMAIN
5. King’s College London (KCL) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
6. University of Edinburgh - City of Edinburgh voted 74.44% REMAIN
7. University of Manchester - Manchester voted 60.36% REMAIN
8. London School Of Economics And Political Science (LSE) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
9. University of Bristol - Bristol voted 61.73% REMAIN
10. University of Warwick - Warwick voted 58.78% REMAIN

Half of university students are foreign.
University students don't give a **** about sovereignty, they're not patriotic.
University students are naive. University student's probably don't know anyone effected negatively by the EU, Middle class left wingers, who only think of them selves.

Not a surprise, look at the breakdown of subjects and most are pile of useless **** anyway lmao.
Original post by Conservationofmass
Half of university students are foreign.

Lol. "Half of university students are foreign".

All dem foreign.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol. "Half of university students are foreign".

All dem foreign.

Haha. Will you be leaving the UK, I know based on previous interactions you were a remainian.
Original post by Magdax
Racists want to Leave

Leave, especially UKIP, want to sever ties with some of the whitest countries in the world and forge stronger ties with the Commonwealth, an organisation that includes 1.5 billion brown people and about 350 million Africans. But yes, they're so very obviously racist.
Original post by Conservationofmass
Haha. Will you be leaving the UK, I know based on previous interactions you were a remainian.

Well, I already "live" outside the UK. I just come and go when I need to.
Im also Polish but God, you're over exaggerating.
First of all, no one is forcing any immigrants out. The referendum took place YESTERAY and as said by Cameron, the negotiations will begin once the new PM is in place, that being October this year.
UK actually leaving the EU won't be finalised until a minimum of 2 years but it's been said it can take even longer. It's not as simple as you think. Not to mention, when that does happen it's not like any immigrant that hasn't obtained British nationality by that time, will be automatically seen as "illegal". In fact, it's very possible for the UK to stay with the free movement. You need to remember that there are millions of Brits who permanently live abroad in EU countries and that affects them as much as it affects immigrants living here.

The pound? Yeah it's in a pretty crap position at the moment and it will likely remain in such position for a while as that doesn't take only a few days to recover like some people assume.

It's easy to assume that "leave" voters voted in such way because "immigrants" and they are "racist" but have you had a look at the leave campaign? Many uneducated people actually voted leave as they honestly believed that the money was going to be used on NHS, housing, pensions etc. But thats always been a flat out lie anyway, which was believed in by people who have no clue about this countries political and economical history.

So far, the U.K. Is still a part of the European Union and will be a member for a few more years whether anyone likes it or not
Original post by jake4198
"Racists want to Leave"

And that's why the UK did choose to leave, as a result of been labelled and demeaned by the left who have an inherent inability to talk about controversial issues like immigration and multiculturalism.

I wanted to Remain, but I understand why working class areas have taken this country out of the EU.

The ironic thing though is that it is the working class community, who are generally in favour of the left, that want to leave
Economy is at an all time low? Are you forgetting the 2008 recession or what. Seriously nothing bad has even happened to us yet. It might in the future but you cant say its at an all time low
Original post by fpmaniac
Economy is at an all time low? Are you forgetting the 2008 recession or what. Seriously nothing bad has even happened to us yet. It might in the future but you cant say its at an all time low

Lol.

The EU haven't even announced their position yet. There is going to be complete havoc if it is in anyway bad for the UK.
Original post by Yua
I wonder why Imperial is so low compared to the others

I was surprised too. Imperial, UCL, LSE and KCL are all very international. All but Imperial had 75.29% voting to remain in London.
Original post by katherine9609

In fact, it's very possible for the UK to stay with the free movement. You need to remember that there are millions of Brits who permanently live abroad in EU countries and that affects them as much as it affects immigrants living here.

The EU referendum became a referendum primarily centred on immigration, people many voted to leave because they were under the illusion that immigration would stop immediately. What makes you think that those who voted to leave would support a continuation of free movement when it is in fact the direct opposite of what they want? I would highly doubt the uneducated masses who we have to listen to would support free movement after this

So far, the U.K. Is still a part of the European Union and will be a member for a few more years whether anyone likes it or not

The EU wants the UK out of the union ASAP. Any form of delay is because of us and not the rest of the EU. Now that a 'decision' has been made we are very much unwanted in the union and causing unnecessary volatility in this institution. All we are waiting for is for Article 50 to be evoked and then the two year count down begins...
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol.

The EU haven't even announced their position yet. There is going to be complete havoc if it is in anyway bad for the UK.

Unlike in 2007, the UK has prepared for an economic downturn by making funds available to big banks and by making assets and capital more liquid. You should also be reminded that Britain going into recession is against the interests of the entire world, especially in EU superpowers like Germany where Britain's one of its biggest trading partners. The only people who want a recession are the regressive left who want to say "I told you so."

In fact, it's very possible for the UK to stay with the free movement. You need to remember that there are millions of Brits who permanently live abroad in EU countries and that affects them as much as it affects immigrants living here.

The EU referendum became a referendum primarily centred on immigration, people many voted to leave because they were under the illusion that immigration would stop immediately. What makes you think that those who voted to leave would support a continuation of free movement when it is in fact the direct opposite of what they want? I would highly doubt the uneducated masses who we have to listen to would support free movement after this
Google shared the UK's yesterday searches. Not to offend anyone but Brits are generally stupid. They voted without any ideas on the consequences (both ways) and most of Scotts didn't even bother to vote and now they are crying about the results. Such messed up united nations.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/google-searches-what-eu-spike-8274842

btw Magda, ładna jesteś?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jake4198
Unlike in 2007, the UK has prepared for an economic downturn by making funds available to big banks and by making assets and capital more liquid. You should also be reminded that Britain going into recession is against the interests of the entire world, especially in EU superpowers like Germany where Britain's one of its biggest trading partners. The only people who want a recession are the regressive left who want to say "I told you so."

So what? That is only going to work for a while.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about a recession. I was just talking about any trade deal with the EU that doesn't involve single market access.

I just want to make money mate. Don't get mad.
Original post by Shapez
Oh Wow, how many hours did you spend researching that.
And also if you are a polish you should be shining my shoes not worrying about this stuff

None actually. It's not that difficult to use a brain. I've just finished my A levels, one of them being history so I know what this country has went through, politically and economically in the last 100 years.

In all honesty, there's no need for immature remarks just because you seem to think that an immigrant is placed lower than you are
Reply 77
Original post by tanyapotter
I was surprised too. Imperial, UCL, LSE and KCL are all very international. All but Imperial had 75.29% voting to remain in London.

probably because we don't have any arts students and they tend to be more liberal? sounds plausible
Reply 78
None actually. It's not that difficult to use a brain. I've just finished my A levels, one of them being history so I know what this country has went through, politically and economically in the last 100 years.

In all honesty, there's no need for immature remarks just because you seem to think that an immigrant is placed lower than you are

I agree with your points but when you say stuff like this its corny
Original post by Yua
probably because we don't have any arts students and they tend to be more liberal? sounds plausible

on the contrary, i'd have thought that the fact that imperial is purely STEM would be enough reason for them to all actually vote to remain. the funding we get from the EU to further science and technology in the UK is indispensable. i don't understand why they would vote to have that taken away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending