The Student Room Group

Brexit; We dared to dream!

Scroll to see replies

The value of the currencies fluctuate all the time, sometimes more so due to events like this before stabilising http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=10Y.

Moody's also kept Iceland's AAA rating although it had an economic meltdown and we had AAA through 2008 crash when FTSE 250 was much lower than it was now. I.e ratings mean nothing.
Original post by maracatinca
You've done it, dreamers! What, Farage lied to you and that money, far less than they said it was anyway, won't actually fund the NHS? The UK will probably be fractured in a few years? Extremist nationalists across Europe can't wait to follow suit? Prospective students from the EU and UK wanting to study in each others countries are now at a complete loss? And this is just the tip of the iceberg? Well, that must be just scarmongering bullcrap, it's okay because YOU ARE FREE FROM THE EVIL EUROPEANS HURR DURR

Pardon my French... um, sorry, that's too european a term... my language, but Jesus ****ing Christ. Thanks for screwing over so many lives, including mine. Hope you're happy.

I'm very happy lol
I voted Leave and was proud to do so.

I see a lot of Remainers continuing to demonise us.

Yes, I admit some Leave voters voted on the basis of Immigration but don't forget a lot of Remain voters just did so on the basis of hating Farage / Katie Hopkins without knowing the facts.

The Remain campaign was a disaster. My Labour MP did not even bother to show his face or make any attempt to explain why the EU was a great thing.

People need to pull themselves together and just have confidence in our country.

We don't need the EU. Its a corrupt organisation.
Original post by physicsphysics91
I'm very happy lol

May your happiness last as long as mine. lol.
Original post by physicsphysics91
The value of the currencies fluctuate all the time, sometimes more so due to events like this before stabilising http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=10Y.

Moody's also kept Iceland's AAA rating although it had an economic meltdown and we had AAA through 2008 crash when FTSE 250 was much lower than it was now. I.e ratings mean nothing.

Just because it happened to them it doesn't necessarily mean the same will happen to us. I just hope the cable gets back to pre-referendum levels soon
I'm struggling to find any poetry in this.
Someone beat me to the line
Ignorance is bliss.
Original post by the bear

I would swap that McMeal for a Kebab any day.
10 times more healthier than putting McRubbish into your body which isn't even bio-degradable.
This is the same rating agency that rated Lehman AAA. The pound hasn't collapsed and the FTSE is back to June '15 levels. Want to try again?
Reply 108
I'm feeling very optimistic as we get to trade with other countries without too much regulation I'd say the future does look bright
Original post by Jee1
I'm feeling very optimistic as we get to trade with other countries without too much regulation I'd say the future does look bright

That was the deal we had for 45% of our exports last week. We have sacked off that deal. Just exactly which deals are you talking about?
Original post by Mr XcX

Nah. Enough of this ****. I'm sick of seeing "THE EU IS CORRUPT!!" and then when you ask how, nobody knows. You don't get to call everyone corrupt to justify your poor decisions.

It seems I'm like the only ****er here that's not enlightened, so LET'S SEE SOME EVIDENCE OF ALL THIS CORRUPTION????
Original post by Mr XcX

please, post some proof that the EU (meaning what exactly ? the Commission ? the Council ? the EP ? the Court of Auditors ? the Court of Justice ? ) is significantly more corrupt than its Member States
Reply 112
Original post by Mr XcX
I voted Leave and was proud to do so. I see a lot of Remainers continuing to demonise us. Yes, I admit some Leave voters voted on the basis of Immigration but don't forget a lot of Remain voters just did so on the basis of hating Farage / Katie Hopkins without knowing the facts.

The Remain campaign was a disaster. My Labour MP did not even bother to show his face or make any attempt to explain why the EU was a great thing. People need to pull themselves together and just have confidence in our country. We don't need the EU. Its a corrupt organisation.

As far as this forum is concerned, there are two groups that form/support group Remain. The first group are those who were born overseas and moved with their parents to UK when they were really young. The second group are first generation British of immigrant parents. Naturally and understandably so, whenever anyone breathes a word about Brexit or immigration or control in number etc, they will feel as though they are being discriminated against.

This mindset is false and solely a result of their incorrect thinking. You cannot tell the entire world 'Come all ye faithful' as what Merkel did earlier this year and then expect nothing untoward to happen. I always use the 'house party' example. If you throw one of these, I am certain you would want to know who is attending it, their background (are they immediate friends of yours or friends of friends?), are they the problematic type who will create a mess of things etc. You want to have visibility/an inkling on who's who.

I have friends who have been studying in UK for their masters and PhDs. They all tell me one thing. Every year when they return to UK after holidaying back home, their communities change and change rapidly. According to my friends, they are tons of people in London, Birmingham etc who

loiter around in the open everyday

can't speak English

not in gainful employment

queue up to check on the status of their benefits application

form large social enclaves which defeats the idea of integration and so much more

Now with Brexit, UK can secure her borders. Soon, no Tom Dick and Harry can enter UK

without checking if they are holding genuine passports

without checking if they have links to terrorist groups

without checking if they have criminal records in their home countries

without checking if they have HIV/AIDS

Knowledgeable people know that conniving immigrants have managed to enter UK successfully by acquiring EU passports.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1535655/Fake-EU-passports-delivered-within-24-hours.html
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/b8a2adfa-6106-11e3-b7f1-00144feabdc0.html
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/604394/Alarm-Syria-sells-10000-passports-few-questions-asked
http://portugalresident.com/british-pm-urged-to-%E2%80%9Cpressure-portugal%E2%80%9D-over-indian-passport-%E2%80%9Cloophole%E2%80%9D

My only fear right now is the quality of UK governance. Boris, Osbourne and the several others in their clique have never worked a day in the real world doing proper jobs in their lives. They are clueless, detached from reality and will only parrot whatever Nigel Farage says because deep down in their hearts, they know that Brexit was secured not on the back of Vote Leave, it's campaigners or its activists. Brexit was secured only on the back of Nigel Farage and Leave Campaign.

How you can be the Finance Minister without ever having run a small business let alone a large MNC is beyond me!

Spoiler

Original post by Jee1

Precisely! When UK was part of the EU, she could not negotiate trade deals with other countries. EU had to do it on her behalf. Now UK can make any deal she wants with any country she pleases. Having said that, let me make myself clear and now.

In the first stage, we emerged victorious following Brexit. The second stage centres on good governance such as the calibre of the people in charge of the next government. The third stage is the implementation of sound policies. The fourth stage is ensuring that there are succession plans in place for the continuity of good governance.

I do not have any confidence in Gove, Boris, Osbourne, Rees-Mogg and the rest to lead UK from the second stage onwards. But I can rest a little knowing that these guys will only parrot what Nigel Farage says because they know that he has so many good sensible ideas to take the country forward. Boris may become the next PM of UK but Nigel Farage will be the PM we never had.
Reply 113
Original post by JordanL_
Nah. Enough of this ****. I'm sick of seeing "THE EU IS CORRUPT!!" and then when you ask how, nobody knows. You don't get to call everyone corrupt to justify your poor decisions.It seems I'm like the only ****er here that's not enlightened, so LET'S SEE SOME EVIDENCE OF ALL THIS CORRUPTION????
Original post by mariachi
please, post some proof that the EU (meaning what exactly ? the Commission ? the Council ? the EP ? the Court of Auditors ? the Court of Justice ? ) is significantly more corrupt than its Member States
So read on.https://www.google.co.uk/#q=is+the+EU+corrupt
Original post by Audrey18
I am going to assume (benefit of the doubt) that you possess functioning mental faculties of reading and understanding. So read on.https://www.google.co.uk/#q=is+the+EU+corrupt

Seems like all the search results are about corruption in EU countries and nothing to do with the EU itself. Maybe you could give some specifics? You've obviously seen a source, since you're so sure that it's corrupt?
Original post by Audrey18
I am going to assume (benefit of the doubt) that you possess functioning mental faculties]
have a nice day
Original post by JordanL_
Seems like all the search results are about corruption in EU countries and nothing to do with the EU itself. Maybe you could give some specifics? You've obviously seen a source, since you're so sure that it's corrupt?
you're quite right

most of the sources quoted are about corruption (or misallocation of funds) in the Member States, not the EU institutions.

e.g. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/corrupt-european-countries-costing-eu-nearly-800bn-a-year-says-study-a6944436.html
Anybody who ever says that either Putin or Trump is a good choice for a president should be ignored forever in matters of politics
Original post by Bearbert
Anybody who ever says that either Putin or Trump is a good choice for a president should be ignored forever in matters of politics

Better than Crooked Hillary lol
The only word i see in the OP, is HIV, and ive opened this thread 3 times now lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending