The Student Room Group

Wrong DOB on passport

Just booked a flight and realized I filled in my sisters DOB with my name. Is there anyhing I should do? Or is it not a problem?
The notification regarding the new rule states:♦ In case of a clerical error, a fresh passport would be issued against charges for a new booklet.♦ If it is found that an applicant's birth certificate issued by the government contradicts documents which he/she had initially submitted, the date of birth on the passport would be amended. But the applicant would be fined for submitting false documents initially.The only exception to the five-year limit is for a person who was a minor when the passport was issued, provided the applicant produces a birth certificate issued by the government while requesting for a change in the date of birth.
Reply 2
Im not sure if youre saying theres an error with the passport or the booking you made?
for passport contact the people who issued it [whichever ministry] and sort it out asap since they take forever and a day to replace.
if its a booking error contact the airline/agent etc. and you could amend it over the phone its not a particular issue.

Quick Reply

Latest