The Student Room Group

How to Get Volunteer Work in a Hospital?

Ive just finished my GCSES's and during my break i would like to vaulter to work at a hospital as it will be something to put on my CV.
However i have regrettably left it very late to apply and have not done much research into the application process at all.

I live in London, what hospitals may be willing to take me, because for all i know i may be to young to work in a hospital atm? Also what is the application process?
Original post by TSR778899
Ive just finished my GCSES's and during my break i would like to vaulter to work at a hospital as it will be something to put on my CV.
However i have regrettably left it very late to apply and have not done much research into the application process at all.

I live in London, what hospitals may be willing to take me, because for all i know i may be to young to work in a hospital atm? Also what is the application process?

How old are you? Because firstly you need to be 16 and need to do a dbs check. You also need to apply 6-12 months in advance, so probably too late for this term, unless you go abroad and/or know someone in the profession. The application process would inlude a CV, DBS CHECK and interview.
Reply 2
Original post by 1jonam16
How old are you? Because firstly you need to be 16 and need to do a dbs check. You also need to apply 6-12 months in advance, so probably too late for this term, unless you go abroad and/or know someone in the profession. The application process would inlude a CV, DBS CHECK and interview.

yh i am 16 what is a dbs check and how do you do it?
This summer my friend is volunteering at a hospital for a midwifery course. Your best bet is going onto the NHS website and going to the work experience section - although I do realise that it seems painfully obvious. However, most hospitals only accept those who live in a given area so be wary of the fact that your application could be turned down depending on where you live :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSR778899
yh i am 16 what is a dbs check and how do you do it?

You need to apply and you should get a form which you can then apply via. You can't directly apply yourself.
Reply 5
Original post by PhoebeAlex
This summer my friend is volunteering at a hospital for a midwifery course. Your best bet is going onto the NHS website and going to the work experience section - although I do realise that it seems painfully obvious. However, most hospitals only accept those who live in a given area so be wary of the fact that your application could be turned down depending on where you live :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 1jonam16
You need to apply and you should get a form which you can then apply via. You can't directly apply yourself.

Thanks a lot
Reply 6
i dont know if this is the right section but i found this link
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/volunteering/Pages/Volunteeringhome.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest