The Student Room Group

Liverpool Grading (?) System

I know I should already know this, having already gone through a year of the vet course, but I don't. So, I was just wondering, when we come out at the end of 5th year, we don't have a 1st, 2:1 etc, sure we don't? Is there any way to distinguish one degree from another such as honours or distinctions or anything? If so, at what point do our exam results count towards this?

Cheers m'dears.
Reply 1
yep and mocks, in 4th year are worth 5%.

In all exams a pass is 50%, in preclinical you are allowed 2 modules to be 45% or above. one exam less than 45% or more than 2 between 45 and 50 means automatic resits of EVERYTHING!

When you graduate, you may get a credit of distinction in any one or all of farm/equine/smallies. These are a vet faculty thing. A seperate sort of distinction or credit may be given by the uni for those who have got e.g .70% for every exam throughout their university course.
Reply 2
In reality, how many people actually achieve that? Ive had to work my backside off for my A levels so providing I get the grades I know already that I will have to work a hell of a lot just to avoid retakes! Do many people get 70%+ or is it just an elite few?
Reply 3
I know, you work so hard for A levels and then there's MORE exams lol. I don't know of anyone getting over 70 in everything now. I only got that in two exams (notably the ones with the essays lol...artsy type right here). Thanks guys, I knew about the pass mark and resit stuff in the preclinical years but I didn't realise that those exams don't really count in the end. Oh dear!

Cheers again :biggrin:
Reply 4
I know, you're right lol. Makes me feel a little downhearted really!
Reply 5
Haha, oh how I'm looking forward to that! :P

Latest

Trending

Trending