The Student Room Group

What are your red-flags for the opposite sex?

Scroll to see replies

Don't get what everyone seems to hate about tattoos and expressive hair dye :dontknow:
Talks too loud
Bad manners
Backward ideas
Poor hygiene
Shoddy dressing
Piercings
(Tattoos too)
Original post by Alexion
Don't get what everyone seems to hate about tattoos and expressive hair dye :dontknow:

Most of the today's brainwashed youth think that if you aren't within their prejudiced, narrow-minded view, you're simply not good enough.
Original post by tazarooni89
Surely if you're pro-choice you'd respect her choice to be pro-life? :s-smilie:

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard :rofl:
Original post by Alexion

This is TSR, not exactly representative of the normal population to put it politely :redface:
Like seriously, what's turnoffish about this? :love:

Being fat (laziness)
Not having their house/finances/clothes/etc in order (Messy, lazy)
Tattoos (bad decision maker)
Smoker (Is too reliant on a vice, and just stinks)
Too many sexual partners (Means they don't take sex seriously)
Is pro remain.
Original post by Anthony Ludovici
I think it's useful to have a series of red-flags, centered around pattern recognition, which help to identify dysfunctional members of the opposite sex who would make for bad partners.

For me, these are:

- She doesn't have a good relationship with her father.
- She is open about "hating children".
- She regularly uses drugs.
- She dyes her hair pastel/bright colors (blue/green/orange).
- She has tattoos.
- She has had sex with a reckless number of partners.
- She engages in serial monogamy.
- She dislikes and traduces her own racial group, while worshipping others (think wiggers and asiaphiles).

How about you?

She has a penis

^^that's one quality which i most certainly don't want
3 dimensions is a red flag for me

2D girls are supreme
Buying FemFresh
- He *****es about how women have it so much better than he does and how it's so hard being a man.
- He calls himself a "Red Piller" (I had been speaking to a guy who identified as such, after that I ran for the hills).
- Has a poor sense of hygiene, either in his surroundings or his personal hygiene or both (I value cleanliness and would want a partner who is the same).
- Has no ambition and is perfectly content with being stuck in a dead-end job with no prospect of moving forward. I am highly ambitious and would want someone who at least has passion for what he does and a sense of direction.
- Expects me to put all of the effort into the relationship while giving nothing or very little back. It should be a two-way street and I respect myself enough not to be involved in something that only benefits one side.
Doesn't have a good relationship with her father?:confused:
Doesn't have at least 10 gems on tsr
(9 at the least if you've got a good number of followers :hand: )
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
- Criminal record
- Smokes
- Arrogance
- Is bitter over the most little of things
- Is influenced easily and can't decide on what he wants.

#InstantlyDisqualified. :lol:
Why is her not having a good relationship with her father a deal breaker for you?

Anyway;
Rude, bad hygiene, smokes, bad skin, boring, unintelligent.
Has big feet
Smells of rubber
Can't do a backflip

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Withengar
Note that almost none of these things are indicative of how good or bad a person is, or how good or bad a partner they would make. There are a number of people who's fathers are horrible. Some people don't want to have children or have bad experiences with them. Hair color is irrelevant. Tattoos are irrelevant. Number of times or people that you have had sex with doesn't mean anything nor does it diminish you as a person.

How about you look at yourself first, and realize how many "red flags" you might raise? Probably the reason you can't get a date. People are not a series of "red flags". Until you learn how to accept people more kindly, and with more understanding, you'll only attract people as shallow, as brainwashed and as prejudiced as yourself.

Cheers to that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Can people please explain what their problem with tattoos is?

The only one I've seen so far is "bad decision maker". I'm planning on getting a tattoo, linked to a place where I've worked as a mountain guide for multiple summers, been visiting for the past 16 years. I go through various designs, have been thinking about it for around 3 years now and am waiting until I find a high quality tattooist I'm comfortable with before I go ahead with it... How would a little shield with crossed ice axes that means that much to me be an indication of bad decision making?
Original post by Twinpeaks
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard :rofl:

Why? Pro choice means you think women have a right to choose whether to carry an unplanned child to term or not.

If a pro-life woman wants to carry her unplanned child to term, a pro-choice person would be okay with that.
Original post by Dheorl
Can people please explain what their problem with tattoos is?

The only one I've seen so far is "bad decision maker". I'm planning on getting a tattoo, linked to a place where I've worked as a mountain guide for multiple summers, been visiting for the past 16 years. I go through various designs, have been thinking about it for around 3 years now and am waiting until I find a high quality tattooist I'm comfortable with before I go ahead with it... How would a little shield with crossed ice axes that means that much to me be an indication of bad decision making?

They might just not like how they look.

Also, whilst a generalisation, tattoos tend to carry associations with the less educated, less wealthy, perhaps with criminality etc. One assumes that a corporate lawyer is much less likely to have a tattoo than a bricklayer, for example. And even if none of that applies to you, it will still contribute to the first impression people have of you.

That's why a lot of middle class jobs for which the employee needs to set a good impression would be more difficult to get into for someone with visible tattoos.

Quick Reply