The Student Room Group

What are your red-flags for the opposite sex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazarooni89
Why? Pro choice means you think women have a right to choose whether to carry an unplanned child to term or not.

If a pro-life woman wants to carry her unplanned child to term, a pro-choice person would be okay with that.

It's not about the woman's individual choice regarding whether she wants to keep her own baby or not, but about the attitudes she holds towards abortion in general.

What you just referred to is like saying I cannot be pro-choice if I find myself pregnant and decide to keep the baby. He's not saying he's against a woman not wanting to personally abort, but he's against a woman who believes that abortion should not be allowed. I.e a woman who would endorse a law against abortion, a woman who would strongly oppose others aborting.
Original post by Lord Samosa
- When she's a Brexiter

Can we please stop. Some of us are genuinely trying to get away from the news. I'm actually sick of hearing about it. Every f*cking thread...
-If she psycho
Small tits
- Has a history of cheating
- Comes across as desperate or clingy
- Immature for their age
- Unambitious
- Religious
- Old-fashioned
- Smoker/Drug taker
- Is pro-life
- Big ego
- Criminal record
- Closed minded
- Bad hygiene
- Unintelligent
- Has an unorganised home/messy
- Is cheap
- Argumentative
-when her first name isn't Lily
-when her surname isn't Potter
Original post by Twinpeaks
It's not about the woman's individual choice regarding whether she wants to keep her own baby or not, but about the attitudes she holds towards abortion in general.

What you just referred to is like saying I cannot be pro-choice if I find myself pregnant and decide to keep the baby. He's not saying he's against a woman not wanting to personally abort, but he's against a woman who believes that abortion should not be allowed. I.e a woman who would endorse a law against abortion, a woman who would strongly oppose others aborting.

Being pro-life doesn't automatically mean she is preventing other people from having an abortion. Abortion is permitted by law, and one person's opinion doesn't change that.

It just means she believes abortion is inappropriate, and that she (probably) will never be having one herself.

Believing something is wrong and trying to get other people to stop doing it are different things.
Original post by Withengar
Note that almost none of these things are indicative of how good or bad a person is, or how good or bad a partner they would make. There are a number of people who's fathers are horrible. Some people don't want to have children or have bad experiences with them. Hair color is irrelevant. Tattoos are irrelevant. Number of times or people that you have had sex with doesn't mean anything nor does it diminish you as a person.

How about you look at yourself first, and realize how many "red flags" you might raise? Probably the reason you can't get a date. People are not a series of "red flags". Until you learn how to accept people more kindly, and with more understanding, you'll only attract people as shallow, as brainwashed and as prejudiced as yourself.

I'll actually give a chance on tattoos, and for more casual things, I don't mind promiscuous girls. But their lack of impulse control means it's a bad choice for a long term relationship.

My one red line is white girls who say they prefer another race to white men.
For guys probably if they have bad dress sense and they don't really seem to care about what they wear - like they just throw anything on in the morning - it's just I like to dress smart as It shows I care about the way I look so when people seem kinda lazy towards clothes then I'm less likely to be attracted to them
-when she says shes tired of making sandwiches all day
Original post by 0to100
Oh please nice little mass appeal cliche you spat there but there are tonnes of young women who voted to leave stop it :hahaha:

i voted to go lol

- long nails on a man
- acts harder then he is when in reality he couldnt beat an egg
- pretty boys
- guys who pretend they have no feelings
- cant manage his own money ie tons of debt for stupid things
Asks me how I got into her house
Refuses to acknowledge our relationship
Calls the police

Refers to anime as "cartoons"/does not watch
Does not play video games
Unimaginative/lacks creativity
Moody/volatile
Talks too loudly
Smokes
(edited 7 years ago)
When her penis is bigger than mine, that's a pretty big red flag for me.
Original post by WhisperingTide
When her penis is bigger than mine, that's a pretty big red flag for me.

What if they're the same size tho
Original post by lukejoshjames

perfect couple
Original post by lukejoshjames

Then it's not gay if I close my eyes.
Original post by shawtyb
i voted to go lol

- long nails on a man
- acts harder then he is when in reality he couldnt beat an egg
- pretty boys
- guys who pretend they have no feelings
- cant manage his own money ie tons of debt for stupid things

A party girl. Fit. A Brexiter. How can you get any better? lol Just playin :wink:
"What are you thinking? " :s-smilie:
Red flags for either sex (lets not discriminate against *****y partners!):

Not fussed about tattoos, but please no face or neck tattoos, or anything really over the top.

Not fussed about piercings, but nothing too extreme, especially facially - think those cheek plugs or particularly big stretchers or whatever.

Homophobic (hopefully they wouldn't want to date me if they were?) or racist.

Talking **** about their exes on dates - this is about me and you, not me as your therapist.

Having a culture-specific fetish (I can't really think of how else to word that?) - guys with 'yellow fever' or who fetishise fat girls, or women who are obsessed with black guys or whatever - it doesn't matter if I don't fit that profile, it's just creepy.

Guys (let's face it, it's usually men) whose first reaction to me being bisexual is "wow, can we have a threesome?!" No. Shut up. That has literally never worked in the history of bisexuality, and is in no way going to make me want to date you. Stop obsessing over my sexuality. Go away.

Being pro-life - you personally not wanting to have an abortion is fine, whatever, but stop trying to restrict other people's access to healthcare.

Wanting to change me in order to date me - I'm not going to stop wearing makeup, or start wearing more makeup, or lose weight, or gain weight, or change my clothes, just for the amazing honour of getting to date you.

If she's a psycho***** from hell.

I have fairly low standards :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending