The Student Room Group

Historians for Louis XIV?

I have looked for lists of prominent historians and I cannot find any apart from Voltaire. Could someone please tell me the names of some important contemporary and more recent historians for Louis XIV?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Hi

Useful historians to use re. Louis XIV could include Ragnhild Hatton and possibly Hugh Trevor-Roper, but THE greatest book ever written (imo) has to be Louis XIV: France and Europe 1661-1715 by Richard Wilkinson. My A level tutor swore by this book when I sat my A level (back in 2011-13), and it was the most useful text I found that covered pretty much every topic on the course. Honestly, you need to buy Wilkinson's book if it is the only book you buy, plus he also alludes to other historians in the text if I'm not mistaken, so reading this book will also open you up to other historians who write on the topic.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending