The Student Room Group

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by So Instinct
Funny because you look like a Becky with 1 GCSE.

:biggrin:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
IKR. I also have 1 GCSE and voted leave. I have a lot of other GCSEs and 4 A-levels too but still.

Would you change your vote if you could after reviewing the aftermath?

Omg.:rofl:

OP, stop being so immature about this. There is no need.
Original post by The Roast
Good for you. Most 16 years don't know anything about politics, can't think independently and will usually vote the same as their parents.

I'm so angry that I couldn't vote :frown:
Original post by XOR_
Would you change your vote if you could after reviewing the aftermath?

Well it will take a long time until we see whether this change was for the better or worse. Short term economic instability, while of course at very significant levels, is not conclusive and indeed we have already seen some rebound. However if Scotland leave I might at that point be regretful.
Original post by PrincessZara
We are all gonna suffer now because Becky with her 1 GCSE thinks an immigrant with a medical degree is going to steal her job. #DamnBecky

You're so right. We should have listened to PrincessZara, who hopes to achieve a C in foundation GCSE Maths #DaminPrincessZara

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4104085
We are all gonna suffer now because Becky with her 1 GCSE thinks an immigrant with a medical degree is going to steal her job. #DamnBecky

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself...Nobody over 65 should be allowed to vote, cause it's not their future.

Does anyone buy this sort of fallacy?

1) Not everyone who votes Leave = Racist - you don't like it when immigrants are generalised as stealing jobs, don't do the same thing you hypocrite
2) "Immigrant with a medical degree" no one is arguing over skilled labour but nice one for distracting people from the issues that matter - i.e. wage compression and burden on infrastructure
3) You can't accept democracy. Grow up and stop being such a bigot.
Oh look the remain (liberals) are putting us into demographic groups and telling us we all act a certain way and these are the same people who call us racists and bigots. What a bunch of self entitled hypocrites
I'm glad that hopefully eu students won't be able to access our taxpayer funded student loans now. That money could be used to give domestic students a higher base rate. Why should a national student struggle when a foreign born student who probably has no intention of repaying the loan and whose parents haven't put any money into the economy is entitled??
Original post by Dieselblue
Oh look the remain (liberals) are putting us into demographic groups and telling us we all act a certain way and these are the same people who call us racists and bigots. What a bunch of self entitled hypocrites

This, a hundred times over.
Original post by Zargabaath
The oldest people in the country are the ones who've been around in and out of the EU. They're the ones who've seen how it's impacted and changed their country. They're literally eyewitnesses to the entire life of the EU. Surely they're the ones who's opinions we should be taking into account?

theyve had the benefit of the eu for all their early working ages keeping uk as a top 5 economy and a world player, whilst at the same time being worn down by 20 years of Daily Mail eu bashing articles about straight bananas. who knew these dumb articles would have have the drip effect all these years later.

Congratulations Britain, you played yourself...Nobody over 65 should be allowed to vote, cause it's not their future.

Leaving the EU doesn't mean we wont accept foreigners it just means we have better control over who we let in, we will still let in foreigners with University degrees

Also everyone deserves the right to vote, they don't let Under 18's vote as they haven't been schooled on how to research things and would vote semi-blindly the 65's and above deserve equal right to vote as their lives matter too.

This statement what you made is wrong morally

The Over 65's have contributed to the economy way more than the younger generation

The burn is real.
People over 65 have seen what Britain has gone through. They know about the war. They know about a lot of things you probably don't have a clue about.
Original post by physicsphysics91
I'd be angry if I went to Swansea uni loool

tbf you look like you may only have 1 GCSE

m8 I did an A*A*A course with CCC at A-level, thats impressive.

m8 you wont even get into a RG uni :rofl:

You wont even do STEM either, probs sociology at Notts Trent :rofl:
Unironically the smartest in the thread though

True, I've got a place at Cambridge though.

:K:
Original post by Cobalt_
:K:

My bad, it's fun slaying A level students.
My bad, it's fun slaying A level students.

Considering you got CCC and had to do a foundation year (effectively barring you from the majority of graduate schemes), it's a bit rich of you to talk about A-Level students. :colonhash:
Original post by *Stefan*
Considering you got CCC and had to do a foundation year (effectively barring you from the majority of graduate schemes), it's a bit rich of you to talk about A-Level students. :colonhash:

It may prevent you from some IB/consulting ones at big firms that's about it. I've seen people spin 2:2's at big 4 firms. If anything CCC -> MPhys + Cambrige masters would be more impressive than ABB -> BSc Sociology to employers.
It may prevent you from some IB/consulting ones at big firms that's about it. I've seen people spin 2:2's at big 4 firms. If anything CCC -> MPhys + Cambrige masters would be more impressive than ABB -> BSc Sociology to employers.

It depends on whether said employer has rigid entry criteria (in which case you wouldn't be looked upon at all).

It would also depend on where that sociology degree is from. Were it from Cambridge itself as well, it would make no difference.
Original post by *Stefan*
It depends on whether said employer has rigid entry criteria (in which case you wouldn't be looked upon at all).

It would also depend on where that sociology degree is from. Were it from Cambridge itself as well, it would make no difference.

Many firms come to campus to fast-track students anyway, they're outside the science departments almost everyday. Obviously, but different degrees open up different doors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending