The Student Room Group

This mess would never have happened under Tony Blair?

I remember from a young age hearing about how good Tony Blair was as a prime minister and how 1997 was like a revolution for common sense and progression.

In those days people were happy with the EU, my parents supported it as a good thing, our economy was great people got promoted at work instead of made redundant as then are now. The EU flourished. People were happy in Britain.

Fast forward to 2010 and in a bid to oust Gordon Brown, Cameron desperate for victory promises a referendum on the EU. DESPERATE DAVE!

Luckily the Tories fail to get a majority and the have to go into coalition with the lib dems. That's until 2015 when the Tories get about 36% of the vote and Cameron calls a referendum and we end up **** creek when the Brexit wins.

Blair would never have let this happen had he still been PM.
lol Tony Blair. Does he actually have any credibility left? I thought he lost his last shred by selling the gold reserves.
Tony Blair should be hanged not only his war crimes, but White British genocide
Tony Blair was a slimy ******, I hope he choked on his tea when he read the result.
Reply 4
Yes a war criminal would of avoided this.
I think overall he was an excellent leader, however the giant Iraqi elephant in the room means that people don't give a **** what he says and are probably more likely to do the opposite because it's him.
Original post by JamesN88
I think overall he was an excellent leader, however the giant Iraqi elephant in the room means that people don't give a **** what he says and are probably more likely to do the opposite because it's him.

Milosevic managed to keep Serbia and Montenegro together too.
Reply 7
Tony Blair didn't do squat. It was just how the world economy was.

The way I see it is when the EU started expanding into Eastern Europe and subsequently allowing free movement of labour, migration from the EU became less of a balanced mixture of high and low skilled migrants to a lower skilled majority.

I'd even go as far as saying if it was just Germany, Spain, France, Italy and so forth, then we would have most likely stayed in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending