The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

epitome
I think it's an E...but same difference! An EE offer, "Matriculation Offer" is about as unconditional as you can get. Nice! :smile:

240/600 = E
300/600 = D, so gooner was right, in fact! :P
Is it only Christ's that gives such offers?
calcium878
Is it only Christ's that gives such offers?

They're the only ones that do so on a regular basis (approx 1/3 of offers, I think) - though I'm sure there will be a few cases of other colleges giving similar offers.
Reply 83
Ah yes - nice one Illusionary! I was going by the 240 mark...whoops! :smile:
Reply 84
a friend of mine has an AAA + AEA distinction on economics offer for peterhouse this year. according to his letter, it is the same offer they have given to everyone. Also, what was interesting is that they have asked that he gets 240/300 in his A2 Econ modules. didnt know they could do that (i assume they get module marks) pr how UCAS would deal with that, but anyway, its what his letter says. They also ignored the fact he got 2As in Lower sixth (neither were cashed-in as full A2s though, just ASs). So he's kinda got to get 5As.
Peterhouse are clearly quite silly, emma gave me 2As for the same course...! lol.
Reply 85
Illusionary
240/600 = E
300/600 = D, so gooner was right, in fact! :P

Yes!!!!:p: *cheesy grin*:p:
Reply 86
Hahaha! Gooner, that celebration made me smile! :biggrin: :smile:You're going to have to be right *all* the time if you do that!
Reply 87
Umm, if you take an AEA but don't declare you are taking one on your UCAS form, will the result get sent to Cambridge anyway? (it's not included in the offer).
Reply 88
All the results get sent through by UCAS, I *think*. But it doesn't matter at that point - you've either made the offer or not!
Reply 89
I guess....still I'd rather they didn't know I'd completely failed an AEA :p:
Reply 90
apparently (or so we have been told) u need to tell UCAS that u have taken the AEA for them to pass it on to your unis... however, i doubt this, cus i bed loads of people forget to tell UCAS ect.
It just seems like a bit of a faff to tell ucas when i cant imagine why they would remove the AEA results ect.

Main point of post: I don't know.
Reply 91
epitome
Hahaha! Gooner, that celebration made me smile! :biggrin: :smile:You're going to have to be right *all* the time if you do that!

:frown: Too bad i'm normally wrong then:p:
Louise_1988
a friend of mine has an AAA + AEA distinction on economics offer for peterhouse this year. according to his letter, it is the same offer they have given to everyone. Also, what was interesting is that they have asked that he gets 240/300 in his A2 Econ modules. didnt know they could do that (i assume they get module marks) pr how UCAS would deal with that, but anyway, its what his letter says. They also ignored the fact he got 2As in Lower sixth (neither were cashed-in as full A2s though, just ASs). So he's kinda got to get 5As.
Peterhouse are clearly quite silly, emma gave me 2As for the same course...! lol.

That is a horrendous offer!
Reply 93
Aphrodite007

it is what i though... especially when compared to the standard AAA offer.
I don't know if he'll get it, definitely has a chance. As much as I wouldn't want to wish misfortune on anyone, there is just a small part of me that doesn't want him to get it as he really gets on my tits (we've had econ together all year!) and although i know i won't see him much he is the kind of chap who gives himself a very obvious presence so is hard to ignore!
Aphrodite007

Not as bad as some STEP offers for maths, though :wink:
:ditto: AEA is nothing compared to STEP :s:
Reply 96
I think very few colleges in cambridge (I think Christ's might actually be one of 2 or 3) and none in oxford give double E offers.

Also, the people that get double E offers generally do much better than 2 E's :P.

For those that do, don't take it as an indication at all of how well you will actually do at uni.
Yer, it's pretty much only Christs that give offers of an EE.
There is this guy on this forum who said he got an unconditional offer from Oxford Balliol. He must be lying.
Or applied post A-level.

Latest

Trending

Trending