The Student Room Group

Should I have broken up with him??

We were together 6 months and we broke up 2 weeks ago and I still feel sad. I broke up with him because I felt he was more into me than I was into him and I did not feel ready to continue the relationship as things were starting to get way more serious and I realised that I was slowly falling deeper and deeper into my emotions. I didn't like that I had put so much trust into one person and I didn't want to end up getting badly hurt like my previous relationship so I broke up with him. I feel like it was a stupid decision because whenever you get into a relationship, it's bound to end in shambles anyway but its about enjoying the moment. I don't think its a good idea to get back with him at this stage though because my point of not being ready stands and I'm learning to slowly be more cold and only put full trust in myself. Even my friends are not reliable and have been completely absent when I needed them most in the past 2 weeks. I have just spent hours eating ice cream and watching romcom films. This was my decision so why does it hurt so much?
why does no one in the relationship forum use paragraphs...
Original post by Anonymous
We were together 6 months and we broke up 2 weeks ago and I still feel sad. I broke up with him because I felt he was more into me than I was into him and I did not feel ready to continue the relationship as things were starting to get way more serious and I realised that I was slowly falling deeper and deeper into my emotions. I didn't like that I had put so much trust into one person and I didn't want to end up getting badly hurt like my previous relationship so I broke up with him. I feel like it was a stupid decision because whenever you get into a relationship, it's bound to end in shambles anyway but its about enjoying the moment. I don't think its a good idea to get back with him at this stage though because my point of not being ready stands and I'm learning to slowly be more cold and only put full trust in myself. Even my friends are not reliable and have been completely absent when I needed them most in the past 2 weeks. I have just spent hours eating ice cream and watching romcom films. This was my decision so why does it hurt so much?

You were hurt before. You need time to heal but you need to realise that you're going to have to get over this one day or you will go into every single relationship being uncertain from the starts. Relationships aren't meant to be easy but working for them is meant to be worth it.
The phrase I hate is 'finding someone who completes you' because you are you, you aren't anyone else and nobody else is you. Making part of you someone else isn't good (if that makes sense). But that doesn't mean you should never fully trust someone else. I think you need to learn to trust, you don't have to but if you want a chance of a working relationship, you're going to have to be able to trust.

As for your friends, did you actually tell them something was wrong?

It'll be the emotions and tears 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

I'd say no you shouldn't.
Maybe switch to horror movies instead of romance so you don't feel alone any more :wink:

In all seriousness, I kinda understand since I feel like I am in a similar position in terms of not being able to trust anyone and having that effect my relationships. Although my trust wasn't broken from a previous relationship but from having my trust broken repeatedly as a child. I think time is the answer.

Or sometimes not trusting anyone can be a good thing... It avoids hurt :h: Embrace your inner cold ass ***** :dance:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending