Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Urgent: a level extenuating circumstances

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

Hi guys, I've recently had food poisoning and an ear infection which both leads to me not being able to sleep very well (ear pain and abdominal cramps) as well as not being able to concentrate on exams and having to rush out in the middle of c4 for diarrhoea (sorry for the tmi description). I've been to a walk in centre (which is basically a place where you get seen by medical staff as my GP had no appointments). So they saw me and gave me a letter of attendance but obviously to apply for special considerations you need a formal letter from a doctor with like the reason and stuff (which the walk in centre can't provide). I have a GP appointment for Tuesday next week, but my next exam is on Monday and it's fp2 where concentration and focus is really necessary ... Do I have to have the letter by fp2 or is there another deadline by which the extenuating circumstances thing can be sent off? Would speak to exams officer but it's currently the weekend so idk what to do, alternatively are there places that offer the letter writing services? I don't want to go through the c4 havoc again, I really couldn't concentrate and couldn't even finish the paper
    Thanks to those reading
    Tldr: need GP letter for an exam which is on Monday, first gp appointment is on Tuesday. Help?

Stop stressing and talk to your exams officer on Monday. You don't necessarily need a doctor's letter - lots refuse to write them and seeing a doctor's just to get a note is a waste of everyone's time. The centre should be fully aware you had an issue in C4 if you have to leave the exam (we keep records of who has been to the toilet, when and for how long for every exam) and any medication should have kicked in by Monday to reduce your symptoms. The deadline for applying for special consideration is not for over a week so there is plenty of time to sort this out with the Exams officer..

As above. Calm down. Talk to your school on Monday. Go to the booked Dr's appointment as planned. Do some revision and take the exam.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.