Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Remain Expert Mark Carney starts to money print!

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

The Remain camp use to enjoy telling us that their experts know best.

I tried to explain to them that their expert Mark Carney was as bad as the USA Ben Bernanke who did helicopter drops of quantitative easing (money printing) to prop up the zombie stock bubble.

I tried to explain to them that the European Central Bank has been replicating this monetary policy.

This kind of monetary policy is what caused Germany in WW1 to basically go into hyper inflation.

So what is Mark Carney going to do? 250 Billion of QE injected right into the British Stock Market. Instead of letting the market adjust this Keynesian is turning Britain into a monetary drug addict!

I hope the Remain camp now see what kind of idiots they regard as experts. I hope this QE bubble pops quick so Mark Carney gets fired.

How does this £250bn work? What is Carney buying from the banks in return for the cash he is giving them? Or is he just giving them free money?

(Original post by DavidMason47)
    How does this £250bn work? What is Carney buying from the banks in return for the cash he is giving them? Or is he just giving them free money?
    They normally buy government bonds but generally can purchase any financial asset. Each plan will be custom tailored depending on what instruments they want to encourage or curtail growth in. The bought assets are managed by a subsidiary called the Asset Purchase Facility.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.