The Student Room Group

Predict your A/AS level Mathematics UMS!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chittesh14
Oh ffs, so 90+ average across the whole of A2 - seems like Further Maths is a way bigger and tougher challenge than Maths lol.

The main difficulty is probably the pure units. If you did S1, M1, D1, M2, S2, D2 as your applied units then your 'A2 units' in FM would all be 'level 2' (and FP2) which can't be a bad thing :lol: then it'd just be FP2 :erm: whereas mine were S3, S4 and FP2 but S4 isn't too bad. Anyway, this is a place for predicting UMS.. I always derail threads :lol:
Lol, if we take the most optimistic scores - you've hit 270 UMS. So, it's not looking bad at all... just retake C1 and you'll be fine as we said earlier. But, you wanted to go Cambridge right?

I did but I've given up on that for now. I have no idea how history went and I don't think I'll have a chance as I know I will be retaking my first politics exam :frown:
Original post by SeanFM
The main difficulty is probably the pure units. If you did S1, M1, D1, M2, S2, D2 as your applied units then your 'A2 units' in FM would all be 'level 2' (and FP2) which can't be a bad thing :lol: then it'd just be FP2 :erm: whereas mine were S3, S4 and FP2 but S4 isn't too bad. Anyway, this is a place for predicting UMS.. I always derail threads :lol:

By level 2 - do you mean just the 2s (e.g. S2, M2, D2)... and let's hope it's not a bad thing haha. If I revise, I'm sure it'll be easy - I got tons of support - TSR, internet, friends, teachers, cousins lol so I'm not too stressed about that. The only concern is me actually doing the work XD. Don't worry, even I derail threads lol and open a new conversation - but it allows other people to join in who are also interested in the topic - so it's not a bad thing :P. Anyway, I'm going to have to do FP2 or FP3 so it's definitely going to be fun trying to achieve 90 UMS in it lool.
Original post by jamestg
I did but I've given up on that for now. I have no idea how history went and I don't think I'll have a chance as I know I will be retaking my first politics exam :frown:

What do you want to do at Cambridge (let's just say you got the grades)?
Predicted:
C1 (71) really messed this up
C2 (97)
M1 (100)
C3(75)
C4(75)
S1 (74)
By level 2 - do you mean just the 2s (e.g. S2, M2, D2)... and let's hope it's not a bad thing haha. If I revise, I'm sure it'll be easy - I got tons of support - TSR, internet, friends, teachers, cousins lol so I'm not too stressed about that. The only concern is me actually doing the work XD. Don't worry, even I derail threads lol and open a new conversation - but it allows other people to join in who are also interested in the topic - so it's not a bad thing :P. Anyway, I'm going to have to do FP2 or FP3 so it's definitely going to be fun trying to achieve 90 UMS in it lool.

Yes, anything ending in 2.

there you go :tongue: it seems scary and a lot now but not too bad when you are stuck in. and true :tongue:(oh yes, I forget that you can do FP3 instead of FP2)
Reply 106
C1:100
c2:98
s1:98
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, anything ending in 2.

there you go :tongue: it seems scary and a lot now but not too bad when you are stuck in. and true :tongue:(oh yes, I forget that you can do FP3 instead of FP2)

Lol I just need 95+ in AS Maths. I just hate the way the grade boundaries work lol, it's like you need 98-100% just to get full UMS. That's the only thing that pisses me off... :angry:
What do you want to do at Cambridge (let's just say you got the grades)?

Economics
Original post by jamestg
Economics

You won't need 90 UMS in Maths for Economics lol dw.
You just need that in Economics... and probably 95+ since it's an easy subject (I think).
I don't know man, I'd rather you ask questions whenever the thread opens again :P (where everyone asks about entry requirements etc and their queries)
Altogether id get 510 i think!:smile:
I feel like I don't actually want to do this, but oh well!

I did OCR Maths and Further Maths AS:

C1 -95
C2 - 98
FP1 - 90
S1 - 82
D1 - 98
D2 - 98

Probably way too optimistic, but ah well, I think I've got AA and that's all that counts for me really.
You won't need 90 UMS in Maths for Economics lol dw.
You just need that in Economics... and probably 95+ since it's an easy subject (I think).
I don't know man, I'd rather you ask questions whenever the thread opens again :P (where everyone asks about entry requirements etc and their queries)

wouldn't be so sure, last year my friend got 300/300 in maths and about 270 in fm (he dropped 20 ums on d2 of all modules) , got 181/200 econ and 270ish in physics. rejected because his ums wasnt high enough - average for his college was 96.5
Original post by Patrick Gekko
wouldn't be so sure, last year my friend got 300/300 in maths and about 270 in fm (he dropped 20 ums on d2 of all modules) , got 181/200 econ and 270ish in physics. rejected because his ums wasnt high enough - average for his college was 96.5

Ah, it just depends on the college lol. The college that I've asked before ask a bit less and prefer Maths and Further Maths more - all depends on what you want to do at University. It's that 270 fm that got your friend rejected - idk why but yeh...
C3: 87
C4: 90
M1: 75-79
M2: 75
M3: 50
FP2: 70
S1: 75
S2: (tomorrow so hopefully I get 85+)
Reply 115
C1: 80
C2: 86
S1: 68
M1: 100
C3: 78/80
C4: 85
FP1: 85
D1: 75
S2: might aswell not turn up, im not a fan of statistics.
Original post by Patrick Gekko

depends more on course competitiveness. and there is a degree of luck involved too. i got interviewed with much lower ums that your friend.
C1 85 lool
C2 100
FP1 100
M1 100
M2 not sure, was expecting 100 but probably ended up with 80
S1 63/75 (no idea what UMS that would be)

AS M estimate 265/300 C1C2S1
AS FM estimate 280/300 FP1M1M2

UMS AVG 91%

should be AA regardless, I think about it every single day and panic. I wish I had performed better but still horrified of receiving AB...

With 4A*4A at GCSE my chances of getting to Cambridge seem to become slimmer by the day...
Original post by xyz9856
C1 85 lool
C2 100
FP1 100
M1 100
M2 not sure, was expecting 100 but probably ended up with 80
S1 63/75 (no idea what UMS that would be)

AS M estimate 265/300 C1C2S1
AS FM estimate 280/300 FP1M1M2

I think they maximise UMS in maths so you would have C1,C2 and M1 giving 285 UMS in maths, and the remainder in further.
Original post by NamelessPersona
I think they maximise UMS in maths so you would have C1,C2 and M1 giving 285 UMS in maths, and the remainder in further.

I think they just combine the ums for all maths modules taken and make an average out of them... His ums is looking strong, God knows why he's worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending