The Student Room Group

Typical Maths UMS scores for Economics

Hi, interested to know what you think are average UMS scores for an economics offer receiver for LSE/UCL/Warwick Economics?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Would ~90 UMS be typical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think only LSE would ask, and maybe UCl/Warwick if youre not taking FM, however the majority of succesful offer holders will get >90 and most will get an A* in maths a level. I think if you get say 85+ LSE will be hapoy though.

I dont think Warwick are too strict (no A* required), but for the actual course, it will definetly help being strong at Maths, so just try the best you can!
Reply 3
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
I think only LSE would ask, and maybe UCl/Warwick if youre not taking FM, however the majority of succesful offer holders will get >90 and most will get an A* in maths a level. I think if you get say 85+ LSE will be hapoy though.

I dont think Warwick are too strict (no A* required), but for the actual course, it will definetly help being strong at Maths, so just try the best you can!

since I am applying to Oxford (and they expect you to declare your UMS) I will by default have to declare it for LSE/UCL/Warwick as well.

I think I got in the region of:

C1: 97
C2: 89
M1: 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
since I am applying to Oxford (and they expect you to declare your UMS) I will by default have to declare it for LSE/UCL/Warwick as well.

I think I got in the region of:

C1: 97
C2: 89
M1: 100

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are excellent, no need to worry.

Extra curriculars and other activities that show interest in your course, and future career are very important at the like of LSE/Warwick, probably more so than Oxford where they will be expecting you to be academically brilliant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending