The Student Room Group

Why do the Scots want Scotland to be flooded with immigrants (except English ones)

The EU referendum voting map shows that Scotland is full of Europhiles. The EU stands for mass immigration and forced assimilation. Why does Scotland want this?
Why are you so stupid? All interesting questions.
Well they've got a ton of land and only about 5 million people (far less than even London, which has 8 million). They've certainly got the space. Also just about every economist (even ones that support leave) have said that migrants provide more than they take out, in general. The main issue with immigration is lack of space, which as I've already said, is not really a problem in Scotland.
Reply 3
[QUOTE="TimGB;66096499"]Well they've got a ton of land and only about 5 million people (far less than even London, which has 8 million). They've certainly got the space. Also just about every economist (even ones that support leave) have said that migrants provide more than they take out, in general. The main issue with immigration is lack of space, which as I've already said, is not really a problem in Scotland.[/QUOTE

It's good to have lots of space. They won't have it any more after tens of millions of third worlders arrive. There are 1 billion people in India and 1 billion in Africa. Enough to swamp the whole of Scotland.
Reply 4
Original post by lakeland321
It's good to have lots of space. They won't have it any more after tens of millions of third worlders arrive. There are 1 billion people in India and 1 billion in Africa. Enough to swamp the whole of Scotland.

*facepalm*

Do you know what the EU is? Do you know which member states the EU comprises of?
(edited 7 years ago)
They don't get enough tourists.
Reply 6
Original post by TimGB
Well they've got a ton of land and only about 5 million people (far less than even London, which has 8 million). They've certainly got the space. Also just about every economist (even ones that support leave) have said that migrants provide more than they take out, in general. The main issue with immigration is lack of space, which as I've already said, is not really a problem in Scotland.

Well, if we are opening up Scotland to house building anywhere can I get a house on the summit of Ben Nevis? Water supply will be interesting but drainage should not be an issue, good gradient. Stunning views some of the time, no visibility at other times, just need to ensure I do not step out into the garden at the wrong time of year.

Whilst looking at maps is wonderful looking at the contour lines also assists understanding. We have been here for quite a long time and we think we may have just a little better understanding where it is sensible to build and where, maybe, the areas are best left without cities and heavy traffic.

There is possibly a reason our population is at the level it is, whilst we do have some space it is maybe not quite as much as you imagine.

cairngorm.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending