Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

I demand full Parliamentary sovereignty.

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

(Original post by welshiee)
    Yes, it is. Companies do not want people rebelling at the bottom. They want people at the bottom following the chain of command and getting **** done.

It thought we were all free now we have left the EU?

So whinging about a democratic deficit of the EU is stupid whilst such a democratic deficit exists in our everyday lives.

(Original post by JamesN88)
    I demand sovereignty for me in my own house, not the local council based in the town hall one mile away.
    My housemate and I are currently arguing over who should have sovereignty of the chocolate chip cookies.

(Original post by democracyforum)
    there was actually a person who used to appear on the daily politics show arguing to get rid of the monarchy

The EU hasn't made us more democratic
    It often overrules the governments of Ireland, France, Spain, Hungary and Greece.
    Were the Islamic Republic of Tower Hamlets to unilaterally declare itself a Caliphate and secede from the UK, I assume they would find themselves swiftly overruled by Parliament on behalf of the rest of the electorate. Does that centralised, moderating influence make the UK 'less democratic'?

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    It thought we were all free now we have left the EU?

So whinging about a democratic deficit of the EU is stupid whilst such a democratic deficit exists in our everyday lives.
    How many times does this have to be said? This is only the beginning and a lot of people, including myself, acknowledge that there are problems in the UK as well but first we needed to remove the EU's grip and control over us. Next we will remove and take back control from Westminster and the people's voices will be heard.

Requiring the EU to be there to 'protect' us from our own government is as stupid as hiring someone to stop a babysitter from harming your baby. You don't do that. You bring in a good babysitter that will look after your baby's best interests, and likewise we must bring in a government that looks after our best interests.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.