The Student Room Group

Do I have to pay SAAS back after I've finished uni?

I'm an EU student eligible for SAAS. I'm starting uni this September and up until now I thought you didn't have to pay the tuition fees back. I'm not talking about loans, just the tuition fees. I just really want to double check before messing up my life, haha. Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by followthewater
I'm an EU student eligible for SAAS. I'm starting uni this September and up until now I thought you didn't have to pay the tuition fees back. I'm not talking about loans, just the tuition fees. I just really want to double check before messing up my life, haha. Thanks!!

You get a Tuition Fee Loan. Loans are repayable. You do have to pay your tuition fees back.
Original post by Klix88
You get a Tuition Fee Loan. Loans are repayable. You do have to pay your tuition fees back.

I'm from Hungary and I'm eligible to get my first degree funded by SAAS/ the government. It never told me anything about paying back (I've read everything carefully) and I'm not even eligible for a loan since I don't live in Scotland. Only the tuition fees (£1820/ year)
Original post by Klix88

This isn't true. EU students get grants as do Scots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by followthewater
I'm from Hungary and I'm eligible to get my first degree funded by SAAS/ the government. It never told me anything about paying back (I've read everything carefully) and I'm not even eligible for a loan since I don't live in Scotland. Only the tuition fees (£1820/ year)

You won't have to pay it back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
This isn't true. EU students get grants as do Scots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thank god! That's what I thought too. Saas' website is a bit poo (their call centre people are super kind though) but I've found a BBC article on the topic and it literally states we get free tuition just like Scottish students do. (It's funny how the rest of the UK has to pay though...)
Anything that's a grant, bursary or scholarship, you don't pay back. Anything that's a loan, you have to pay back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending