The Student Room Group

Woman welcomes refugee into her home, gets raped

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gora The Xplorer
People should adopt a virtue system which is completely perpendicular to that which we have in Europe currently. Rather than our current neo-Christian beliefs based on the Golden Rule and empathy, we need to become an austere people who value strength and utilitarianism.

Our? You're not really one of us though, are you?
It's extremely ironic for someone who imply I lack sympathy when the entire purpose of the thread was to create hatred of refugees.
Read link and saw it was Germanistan and stopped reading.
Reply 63
Was she seriously expecting NOT to be raped?
Original post by Thutmose-III
Abnegation is a rejection or renunciation, it doesn't necessarily refer to rejection of the self.

Didn't you realise self-abnegation is a recognised term? Feel free to look it up if you'd like to have a better grasp of the English language. I suppose if you're not well-read you probably haven't seen it before

I didn't, and I am, but touché.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
She's an idiot for letting a stranger into her own home. Refugees should be housed by professionals, for their own safety as much as anyone else's. Imagine if some pervy old man took in a 16 year old girl for the wrong reasons.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these women think he's going to be some sort of swarthy model who will fall in love with her and elope together.

Way to victim blame. Perhaps she took one in for humanitarian reasons.

Original post by Cherry82
Exactly, this article is a month old. Not saying I do not feel sympathy for the poor victim however I know what you're trying to do here. You voted for Britain to leave the EU, I remember you rejoicing in your decision which is fine however because most users on TSR wanted to remain- this is a persuasive tactic to make us believe going was a safer, better option.
In addition it still doesn't dismantle the negatives we're currently experiencing from leaving. Do you know how many British people rape other citizens, including other British citizens? Rape isn't an immigration problem but a WORLD issue. Even in countries where immigration is quite low regarding stats- rape is still prevalent in their society for example India. Migrants per 1,000 population last year were -0.04 yet the country is still listed under the top 10 for countries with the highest rape crimes. Another example is Russia- Russia is ranked second to have the most immigrants in their own country yet their rape statistics were extremely low. You may think, well this is what we are preventing by letting people stay out from other countries where rape is more of an issue, yes maybe but it isn't an immigration problem but a world wide crime problem. People immigrate all the time and do have positive contributions to our society. I find it insulting you'd use this article to 'spread a message'.

Rape is a world issue, and Brits do rape as well. However, why would we we allow more rapists to enter our country? The whole argument of "well Brits rape as well" is whataboutery nonsense. Of course Brits commit crimes as well, but that's not the point.
The point is that we shouldn't be allowing people from an inferior third world culture in, who are more conservative, less tolerant, and are less willing to assimilate to our culture. And who could well carry out crimes up to and including domestic abuse, rape, or murder. Why should we allow more of that into our culture? Simple, we shouldn't.

We are not obligated to either. So until such time that we know they can behave and assimilate, they don't deserve to be let in.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Way to victim blame. Perhaps she took one in for humanitarian reasons.

Rape is a world issue, and Brits do rape as well. However, why would we we allow more rapists to enter our country? The whole argument of "well Brits rape as well" is whataboutery nonsense. Of course Brits commit crimes as well, but that's not the point.
The point is that we shouldn't be allowing people from an inferior third world culture in, who are more conservative, less tolerant, and are less willing to assimilate to our culture. And who could well carry out crimes up to and including domestic abuse, rape, or murder. Why should we allow more of that into our culture? Simple, we shouldn't.

We are not obligated to either. So until such time that we know they can behave and assimilate, they don't deserve to be let in.

But thats a completely racist white male thing to say :rofl:
Original post by physicsphysics91
But thats a completely racist white male thing to say :rofl:

No it isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending